Chapter 11

CLAIRE POV

I made my way to my building, dead tired and trying to figure out  what I was going to say to Luke about why I left. I had gotten the mail from the past few days, seeing that Luke had slipped in a letter. I smiled, opening it up and reading as I walked the stairs.

Hey Claire, 

         I know you're going to wonder about how this managed to get into your box, being that we were glued to each other's hip the past 3 days. But I needed to tell you some things. I don't know how I'm going to put this into words.

I was up to the third floor now, only five flights to go. 

I seriously enjoy your time. You make me feel as if I'm some normal teenage guy hanging out with the girl he likes. I don't feel like the world renowned Luke Hemmings. I feel like Luke. The guy I tell you about in our letters.

Two flights left. I was walking slower to make sure I didn't fall down and kill myself.

Not only do I like the way you make me feel. I like the way everything seems so real about you. You're an open book and I want to read every page. I like your hair, the only thing I remembered about you, but you didn't seem to care.

I got to my floor, noticing the door was open and some light was flooding through. Which was completely unusual. Mum was asleep by now.

I pushed open the door quietly, but couldn't keep my eyes off the letter.

You're a magnificent person and I wish I could spend all of my time with you.

"Mum?" I called, noticing broken glass on the ground. I had hoped that my mum hadn't gotten into one of her drunken fits again. Only the worst came out of those.

I heard shuffling in the back room, assuming it was my mum, I went back to the letter.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I love you Claire. And I hope you love me too.

Luke

"Shit!" I heard someone yell. I looked up to see who it was,

But all I heard was a bang.

And all I saw was darkness.

A beeping noise woke me up.

But I didn't want to open my eyes.

I didn't want to meet my fate.

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

welp shit

love you guys

xoxo

christina