Chapter 9

Alice's Point Of View

I watched as the new dog started playing with Evelyn. Soon she started to push the dog away from her because her head was hurting. I walked over to the side of her bed and picked up the little puppy. On my way out I head Evelyn groan about her head again so I ran down our stairs. I set the puppy into it's playroom and put the doggy-door up. I walked past the room where the boys had crashed. Looking past the room, I walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a hold of the ibuprofen and took out two pills. Then I grabbed a glass and filled it up with water. I made way back up the stairs and into Evelyn's room.

"Eve?" I knocked lightly on her door.

"What?" She questioned and moved her pillow.

"Here," I handed her the pills and water.

"Oh, thanks," She smiled grimly.  

"Yep!" I squeaked and pranced out of her bedroom.

At the end of the staircase, I seen Nick walking down the hallway holding his head. I smiled as I walked down the stairs. He glanced up and forced a tight smile. He squeezed his eyes shut and I laughed at him. His hair was tousled all around so I moved around the parts that were sticking out. I planted a kiss on his cheek and walked away. Colton was in the living room shutting the curtains and I began to laugh.

"What?" He growled a little.

"Nothing," I laughed with my hands up. "If you didn't drink and you'd be fine," I mumbled.

"Alice there's no ibuprofen in here!" Nick shouted.

"Be quiet," Colton said covering his ears.

"No, I can't find them and my head is pounding!" Nick began to yell and complain.

"Everyone shut up now!" Evelyn shouted from upstairs.

"Yeah, guys, Jesus," I laughed.

"Alice," Nick whined.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I dragged out.

I walked into the kitchen to see Nick sitting on the floor. He glanced up to me with a moody look and I stifled a laugh at him. I could tell he wasn't amused with anything right now s o I felt the top of the fridge. I heard an 'oh' behind me and Nick moved me to the side. He grabbed a hold of the bottle and popped out three. Then he poured a cup of water and popped the pills.

"Don't laugh," He smiled a little.

"Why not?" I smiled.

"I said not to laugh."

"What? What happened?" I started to laugh.

"Now I don't know if I want to tell you. You laughed," He began to laugh.

"What is it!" I slapped him on the arm.

"No," He sassed.

"Fine," I turned around and walked away.

"Ahaha," I heard laughing in the back.

"What?" I turned around on my heel.

"Look," He cracked and pointed into the living room.

I looked at the living room to see Colton lying on the floor tangled up in the curtains. I quickly covered my mouth but my laugh seeped through the cracks of my fingers. Colton glared up at us and told us not to laugh.

"You look a little caught up, Colton," I joked.

"Shut up," He cracked a smile.

"Wiggle out," Nick laughed.

"Help me!" Colton laughed.

"Come on, Nick," I waved.

"Aw, we should leave him," He whined.

"Okay, we'll just roll him out," I chuckled.

We began to roll him out and Colton looked almost to the point of dying. Nick was wheezing for air laughing at him. "It's not even that funny," Colton shook his head.

"From my point of view, it's hilarious," Nick giggled.

When we got Colton out, he said he had to go. As soon as he pulled out of the driveway, Evelyn, came dragging her feet down the stairs. She took a shower and had on new clothes with her phone in hand.

"I'm going to go. I'm going out for a bit," She walked to the door.

"Where are you going? I might join," I stepped forward.

"No, it's fine. I'm just running some errands that's all," She smiled.

I squinted my eyes at her for a splint second. I noticed her smile falter quickly but she regained it. I knew she was lying to me. I forced a smile as she had and nodded.

"Yeah, okay, bye. Oh, can you pick up some milk, we're running out," I suggested.

"Okay, milk, got it," She turned to the door.

"Bye, Eve."

"Bye, Al."

------------------------------------------------

Hey, readers! What's up? I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Where do you think Evelyn is going? The suspense is killing me. Ahaha, thanks for reading. Please, vote, comment, and possibly follow? Thank you so much.

Much love,

Mackenzie