Chapter 10

Evelyn's POV

I sauntered in the café as the bell rang from atop of the door and looked around and noticed that my guest wasn't here. I checked the time on my phone. I stood there, scanning the room for about five minutes. The cashier stared at me wide eyed. I grinned sheepishly and walked up, taking out my wallet. I gaped at the menu.

"M-may I help y-you?" The cashier stuttered as she looked down. I smiled sweetly.

"May I get a mocha frappé and a chocolate covered icing donut?" I asked the realizing that I am on a diet for my manager. She nodded an scurried away. I sighed and checked my phone. She came back moments later with my drink and my donut. I took out the money and handed it to her.

"Here is your change." She said quietly. I shook my head slightly.

"No, keep the change." I said as I pushed her hand back towards her body. She grinned slightly and looked at the money.

"Thanks." She said. She walked away from me, leaving me to grab my purchased items. I glided to a booth and sat down. I huffed and took a drink of my coffee. I stared at the donut then looked away towards the door. I turned my head away from the door and continued to stare at me donut.

"Who cares about that stupid diet?" I said as I shoved the donut in my face. I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head as I tasted the sweet icing in my mouth.

"So good." I murmured. I finished the donut and closed my eyes. I licked my lips then opened my eyes to see my phone buzzing. I caught a glimpse of the notification coming from Twitter. I raised my eyebrows as I swiped to unlock my phone. Twitter came into view as I saw fans messaging me. I giggled and decided to tweet something to the fam.

'Hey, how are you all? Have a great day!' I tweeted out into the world. I started to scroll through Twitter and waited. After scrolling, I checked the time. I felt my eyes bug out of my head when I saw that I have been here for an hour.

"What the hell is wrong with this man?" I asked myself as I got up and started to walk out. I puffed and decided to drive to the grocery store.

I walked in and started for the dairy section. I grabbed three gallons of milk and walked to the check-out line. After paying for the milk gallons, I drove home. I sat in the driveway and thought of what I should do. I slowly got out of the car and snuck up to the house. I opened up the door and tip-toed into the kitchen. The fridge door creaked open slightly as I froze. I slowly put the gallons away and closed the fridge door.

"What are you doing?" I heard from behind me. I squealed and grabbed my chest where my heart was to be. I swung around fast and saw Nick standing there with a confused look on his face. I ran up and grabbed his shoulders.

"I was never here." I said sternly.

"But you're standing right here." He said.

"I was never here." I said again.

"You're right in front of my eyes." He shouted. I shushed him and stepped back slowly.

"I was never here." I said as I walked out if the kitchen. I sprinted for the door and and jumped into the car. I sat there and tried to catch my breath. I backed out slowly as I prayed that Nick won't tell anyone that I came home and then mysteriously left but knowing that he would tell everyone.

I walked into the same café and scanned the room. The café seemed dead. There was no one in the room. I groaned and stomped back to the booth that I sat at earlier. I leaned over to the wall and started to bang my head. I heard a bell ring from the door causing my head to perk up. I saw that it was a everyday customer. I dropped my head on the table, causing it to make a loud boom. I huffed when I heard another bell ring. I didn't bother to look up and have my hopes destroyed. I felt a slight tap on my shoulder. I barely lifted up my head to get a view of the unknown person.

"Hey, sorry I am late."

-----------------------------------------
Hey! How are you all doing on this crappy day? Well, it may not be crappy for you but it has been raining for the past two days from where I am at. Hoped you liked the chapter. I know it took forever for me to update, I am sorry. Vote, comment, and follow. I mean a random cashier won't stalk you but then I could be wrong.

Smile everyday.😄 Keep on turtling.🐢

~Katie