Chapter 13

Alice's Point Of View

I watched as she answered the phone. She glanced up to me and excused herself. I shook my head and threw the golf club to the side. As I peeked to see what was going on, to see a scowl on her face. Evelyn replied to the person a couple of times before locking the screen. She spun on her heel and strutted to her room. I heard a slam that made me jump a little, but I decided to leave her alone. My phone began to buzz like crazy and I grabbed it quickly. I unlocked it swiftly, using the same pass-code, to see the name Harry. My thumb pressed the answer button and I raced through the house and outside.

"Al! Hey!" A cheerful voice whispered at the other end of the phone. A light smile tugged at my lips as I looked around. My eyes scouted the area for any movement.

"Hey, Harry," I whispered. I was still cautious as I looked around. I heard a husky laugh in the background him shifting around.

"So, I had a question," His voice dragged out the question. I waited and pulled my arms closer to cover myself. The cold winter temperature nipped at my bare skin.

"Yes," I giggled at him. His chuckled joined in with my own and I heard boys rushing to the room.

"Hang on, babe," He dropped the phone. I heard boys in the background making inappropriate noises. Then a person picked up the phone.

"Oh my god!" A boy fan-girled. "Is this Alice Knight?" They asked with their voices getting higher pitched.

"Yes! Is this Louis Tomlinson!" I squealed like a little girl.

"Boys, boys! She knows my name!" He squealed even more. I chuckled at him and heard more moving.

"Boys! Get the hell out!" Harry shouted with a tone of playfulness in it. I shook my head and listened for the rest of the boys.

"Oh. Isn't he just a heartthrob. He wants to speak to his women by himself. What a man," Louis fake sobbed.

"Go," Harry laughed at him. The phone was being tousled around before I heard a deep sigh. "I'm back," He blew out another breath.

"Yes, you are," I replied with a light smirk. Harry laughed at the other end and groaned. I raised my eyebrows and looked at the dirt in front of me in amusement. "Young boy, what are you doing over there?" I began to laugh.

"I'm a girl," I heard from behind me. I leaped into the air and scream. I heard a shout at the other side of my phone, which made me throw it. I was in a panic, that I didn't realize it fell out of my hands. When I seen Evelyn stepped forward and look at me weirdly, I placed my hand over my heart.

"You can't do that, Eve. You scared me so many times today," I played it off. She sat on the porch and chuckled at me. "Seriously, one day you're going to give me a heart attack."

"Who was that on the phone?" She questioned with a grin on her face. I laughed and shook my head.

"Nick being Nick. He's dropping stuff all over the place. He is a piece of work," I sat down next to her and blew out a breath of air. She leaned her head onto my shoulder and stretched out. "Don't do that," I chuckled.

"I'm comfy," She laid on the porch and me. I pushed her onto the wooden porch and she gave me a playful glare. Her face quickly changed when she snapped her fingers. "Your phone! You dropped it!" She yelled.

"Oh. It's no big deal," I chuckled. "I can find it myself," I assured her.

"Are you sure," Her eyebrow raised.

"Yes, Eve. I'm a big girl," I chuckled.

"Okay. But, remember!" She shouted in the door frame, "Big girls don't cry," She closed the door slowly. I chuckled and shook my head at her.