Chapter 14

Evelyn's POV

I sprawled out on the couch while I watched the movie, Home. I had a small empty tub of ice cream resting on my stomach. I sighed at watching the movie since I have already seen it 7 times. I kept the movie playing because I didn't feel like getting up. I heard my phone buzz that was on the coffee table. I stared at the phone blankly. I lifted my hand that was on the ground. I reached for the phone. My fingers brushed my phone. I finally got ahold of my phone. I reeled back onto the couch.

"Oh god. I think I pulled something." I said to myself. I looked at the phone to see one message from Alice.

Alice: Heyyy, I am coming home to grab a few things.

I shrugged and put my phone on my stomach. I took the empty tub and chucked it across the room. The tub landed in the trash can. I cheered loudly and called myself a true baller. I heard the door swing open. I raised my head slightly to see a figure walking in. I heard my phone land on the ground with a soft thud.

"Alice." I shouted. She turned around and smiled.

"Don't worry, I will be gone soon." She said. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. She laughed and ran up the stairs. I heard my phone my buzz again. I swiped my phone off of the ground. I checked my phone to see a message from Louis. I raised my eyebrows curious to why he is texting me.

Louis: Hey, turn on E! News.

I grabbed the remote from the floor. I pressed paused and flipped the channel. I got to the channel to see a commercial. I grabbed my phone to reply back to Louis.

Evelyn: Why am I watching a bunch of commercials?

Louis: Just wait.

I sighed and waited. E! News finally came on and did a little recap of what is going to be on. I sat up when I saw Alice on the t.v. I leaned forward when they started talking about Kaitlyn Jenner. I was screaming in my head that no one cares. I heard Alice rush down the stairs.

"Hey, can I see the remote?" She asked quickly.

"Not right now. I am watching this." I replied. I heard her huff. I caught her trying to snatch the remote away from me.

"Give me the remote." She demanded. I shook my head in time for the news about Alice to come on. I leaned back and started to watch intently. They were going on about how they caught her with a mystery boy. I was confused at the term mystery boy. They showed pictures of Alice holding a boy's hand. They also showed a picture of her kissing the boy.

"What about Nick?" I asked to Alice.

"That is Nick." She replied hesitantly.

"Sure as hell doesn't look like Nick." I said in a nasty tone. I turned my attention back to the t.v to see them announce who the mystery boy.

"The mystery boy is Harry Styles." The person said. I felt my facial expression change. I slowly turned my head to Alice with The Look. She opened her mouth to say something. I turned off the t.v and got up.

"Eve, come on. Let me explain all of this." She said. I walked up the stairs and went into my room. I slammed the door and grabbed a backpack. I stuffed clothes and other necessities. I grabbed my keys and went down the stairs. I grabbed my phone from the couch and walked out the door.

"Eve, where are you going?" Alice asked from the house. I opened the door to my blue F150.

"Away from you." I shouted back. I got in the car and slammed the door. I pulled out of the driveway. I drove around the city to find a hotel. I parked myself in front of a nice hotel and got out. I went into the hotel and asked for a room at the desk. I got my key and went into the elevator. The elevator came to a halt as the doors opened. I stepped out and turned the corner. i bumped into someone that was much taller than me.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"Evelyn, what are you doing here?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, how was the chapter?? Hoped you enjoyed it. I know that it is a short chapter but trust me, it gets better. Alright, vote, comment, and follow. I mean Evelyn won't storm out on you because you didn't do the following but then I could be wrong.

Smile everyday. Keep on turtling.

~Katie