Chapter 18

Evelyn's POV

My eyes shot open at the sound of my phone going off. I sighed and reached for my phone. I checked it to see that it was a notification from Twitter. I rolled my eyes and placed my phone back to where it was. I rolled over on my side to go back to bed. I closed my eyes. A hand was placed securely on my back. My eyes shot open as I realized that I wasn't at home. My eyes adverted to the hand as I felt my heart rate pick up. I looked towards the mysterious face. I huffed out in relief to see a familiar face. When I noticed how peaceful Luke was, everything started to crash down on me. I never cried over the fact that my own best friend didn't even tell me. Now I lay here wondering. Wondering if there is more that I don't know. I am wondering if I could get past the whole thing. I sighed at my crazy self. Worrying if I am still her friend. Worrying if I can ever forgive her. Worrying what will happen if I don't forgive. Worrying what will happen if I do. I turned my head to look at the peaceful Luke. I continued to keep on staring at the attractive boy. I noticed that he looked happy.

"Why does this have to happen to me?" I mumbled under my breath. I reached for my phone and scrolled through my contacts. I finally reached the contact that I wanted.

'Hey, can we talk tomorrow?' I typed down slowly.

"What are you doing?" I heard a deep, sleepy voice say from beside me. I jumped and clutched my chest.

"Jesus Christ, don't do that to me." I screeched. Luke chuckled then removed his hand.

"Sorry, but what are you doing up at," He said as he looked at the clock. "2 a.m in the morning."

"I couldn't sleep. What are you doing?" I said slowly.

"I couldn't sleep with this ruckus that you are making." He said slowly. I laughed lightly and apologized.

"I can't sleep." I whined. Luke smirked at me.

"Well, that must suck." He said. My imaginary lightbulb went off.

"Do you have your swim shorts?" I asked. He nodded with confusion written on his face.

"Why?" He asked.

"Let's go swimming." I said as I shot out of bed. I fished through my backpack and grabbed my swimsuit. I lunged for the bathroom and quickly changed. I came out of the bathroom with two towels in my hand to be greeted with a sleepy Luke in swim shorts. I smiled and made my way to the door. I heard Luke's heavy footsteps shuffling after me. I sprinted for the elevator and pressed the bathroom. Luke finally made it in time for the elevator. The door finally closed to envelope us in elevator music.

"How do you have energy?" Luke finally asked. I turned my head to give him a smile.

"Let's just say I had a mini heart attack." I replied with a giggle at the end. The doors opened with a soft ding. I pushed Luke out of the elevator and continued to push him down the hallway. We finally reached the glass doors with a sign.

"It says we can't be here." Luke mumbled. I gave him a look.

"No one has to know."

____________________________________________
Hey! How was it? Sorry, it took so long and that it is very short. We have a plan, trust me. Comment, vote, and follow. I mean you won't get hit by a motorcycle but then I could be wrong. :)

Smile everyday. Keep on turtling.
~Katie