2.

***2 Years Later***

Two of the best years of my life passed before we ever heard from Jay again.

I had been living with Jake and his mom since there was no one in my family who was safe to be living with.

Some female news reporter appeared on the T.V screen and interrupted our program. She paused for only a moment before speaking.

"Breaking news!" She started, clearly scared but trying to stay calm while live.

She continued. "There's been a terrible accident at the prison. A bulldozer operator was projected to knock down the A Block of the building, the main lobby, where you'd usually sign in." The reported carried on. "The operator had an apparent miscalculation with the aim and knocked into the back wall of the B block of the prison. Over 20 prisoners were being help in that block. Seven of the twenty were hit and knocked down, three of which the prisoners survived but escaped."

If you see any of these three criminals, call the police as soon as possible." She concluded to all her viewers with a bit of order in her voice.

Three pictured then popped up, covering the reporters figure. Under each profile was a name.

Mike Jackson, Mark Sanchez, Jay McFlore.

I was too scared to move but Caden made an odd squeaky noise when he saw Jays name under his mugshot.

"Mom! Mom!" Jake pleaded, running into the kitchen. Seeing as she wasn't there, he started up the stairs and into her bedroom.

"Mom?" He asked, more concern in his tone.

As we entered the room, we couldn't make anything out from the small amount of light streaming in from the window.

I reached to the side while I was standing in the doorway, searching and feeling around the wall, then flicking on the lights.

The scene taking place in the bedroom after the lights turned on, could never, ever be unseen.