16.

I was overjoyed with the fact that I was innocent but now that I was, I still had no one to go home to. There was absolutely no way I would be living with my father. It would be near as close to the same.

Just then, something that I never thought existed happened-a true miracle. I never truly believed in miracles until that very moment in which I will never forget for as long as I live.

Maggie came in, practically running, Jake at her side. "Hurry, Hunter!" She panted.

"What is it?" I asked, rising from my seat.

"Your mom." Were the only words she could muster.

That's all I wanted or needed to hear. The uplifting expressions of their faces told the rest.

My heart leaping in my chest as I darted passed the two messengers, back down the hall, through the double doors, and outside. When I reached her and her beautiful, smiling face, I couldn't hug her. My hands were still hand cuffed behind my back but that didn't stop her from giving me her tight embrace.

Jake came walking out and was watching with a smile. My mother signaled him for him to join our hug and with hesitation, he did.

Once our long reunion had ended, we both blurted the gossip about my dad. She was furious but was too overjoyed to care about his mistakes.

"How are you here?" I asked.

"I was in a coma for the longest time. Scariest time of my life." She answered, a smile still planted on her face.

Jake's eyes were getting misty as he starred into mine.

"I see you." He stated.

"You see me?" I repeated.

"I see you. You. I get you now."

I smiled at him. "Then I see you too." I said. "You're my hero."