10.

The following morning, I was pleasantly awaken by yelling outside the office in the lobby.

I took a deep breath and leaned over to wake up Jake.

After he'd been fully awoken and was aware of the shouts, we both stood and recognized the voices to be between the cop that asks a lot of questions and a familiar female.

Probably Maggie.

But more importantly, we noticed that we'd eaten all of our snacks.

Jake headed for the door without hesitating so I just followed.

The door had already been open just a crack and Jake used it as a way to spy.

After a quick look, he stepped back.

"You look." He said.

I took a look for myself. Maggie and the cop who had the tan coat were arguing.

He was wearing a gray coat today.

I'm guessing the group of cops that had joined in the argument against every other person were the question cop's crew.

I wasn't quite sure what they were arguing about.

There were too many extra voices.

All I could make out was, "That doesn't even make sense!" And, "It can't be, it doesn't added up!" And, "Yes, it is! It makes perfect sense!"

When the question cop finally spotted us eavesdropping, he instantly gestured for everyone to be quiet and motioned for us to come out.

We did as told. We didn't need his explanation but he gave it to us anyways.

"Sorry about that but my men and I have news." He looked around the group. "We have discovered that the victim or murderer or whoever you wish to call them, is indeed Ja..."

He was cut off by someone bursting in through the front doors.

"Wait! Officer Kape!" He yelled, rushing in. I was guessing he was addressing the question cop.

"It's Brian Sheak! Not Jay, Brian!"

The whole crowd when dead silent and whispers broke out. No one knew who that was.

Except for me.

I burst into tears. I was behind the counter, I was just outside of the office. I was in front of everyone.

I hated this. I don't like crying or big crowds. Them together is just torture.

But I had to cry.

I know I didn't kill my dad.

It was impossible! He was already dead!