Nine

I thanked the driver as I stepped out and up to the steps, hopefully my father is at work because I don't have any bags to show that I went shopping today.

I'm a terrible liar.

"What did you buy?" My sister was walking down the marble steps as I entered, not really caring; but only asking to strike up conversation.

"Didn't find anything worth wanting," I lied. And what a lie it was. I found a very important thing worth wanting, two actually.

Louis for starters. I could write a novel over all the reasons I desire Louis, and I've only spoke to him twice. This is the first time I've felt anything like this and I can only relate it to infatuation. The definition certainly fits.

Secondly, I desire Louis' family. There seemed to be so much love; in comparison the quality of my home life pales dramatically.

"What stores did you go to?" She sat down gracefully on the couch, "You were out all day, surely you found something you like," she mused; and I realized what she was doing.

She had been taking psychology and human behavior classes for the past two years. She was reading me like a book, knowing she would draw a reaction from me.

"What are you on about?" I tried to act innocent. I've never had to lie so much in one day. I don't think I've lied at all since I was under ten years old.

"What did you do all day?" She was calm and strange.

I know resented the fact that my father expected me to take over his company and allowed my sister to take classes of her own volition.

"I went shopping," I ducked my head and attempted to escape up the stairs, but she wasn't having it.

"Brother," she was standing behind me when I turned around, "I know you're lying,"

"I haven't a clue to what you're referring to," I held my hand to my chest in a futile attempt to slow the nervous beating beneath it.

"You can tell me," she began walking up the stairs with me, "Considering your lifestyle it couldn't  be that detrimental,"

Having never been close to my sister, or any of my family for that matter, I genuinely didn't know whether or not I could confide in her.

God knows I need someone to talk to this about.

"Will you tell Father?" I foolishly gave into my need for a companion.

"Of course not," she seemed genuine, "As a future therapist, it's best to practice patient confidentiality as soon as I can anyways,"

I ignored the fact that she now considers me one of her patients, opening my bedroom door for her and sitting in one of the white leather chairs by the window.

"I can really trust you?" I asked, "You're not going to act like my sister, you're going to act like a therapist?"

She nodded, sitting across from me and folding her hands in her lap, "I have a final coming up soon, I need this,"

Alright, she needs it as much as I do.

"Okay, but don't freak out when I tell you this," I started, waiting for her to nod before continuing, "I think there is a small possibility that I may be a little far from 'normal'" I avoided her eye contact as much as possible, "I could be, um, gay," I whispered the last word.

"Could be what?" She asked with a blank expression.

"Erm, gay," I answered quietly. It was out now and all I can do from this point on is hope that she won't tell Father.

She was silent for a moment, before she looked up at me with a smile on her face. "How do you know?" She was teasing now; knowing that I rarely do anything outside the family. "Is that what you were doing today?" Her tone held far less professional notes; she was acting strange and giggly.

"There's a boy that I quite like," I shifted under her mocking.

"Oh you're serious," she stopped laughing; her smile remaining intact. "That's really cool, Brother,"

"You sound like a hippie," I had never heard her speak in this voice. She sounded free and wild.

"Sorry," she laughed, "You just opened up I guess I forgot the veneer," her attitude now reminded me of Louis. His freedom and carelessness.

"Excuse me?" I genuinely didn't understand.

"I was like you, you know," she uncrossed her legs, "I always listened to Father, always held up my end of the deal; then I went to university," she smirked, "Things changed for me, for the better. I met new people, experienced new things, and I was just free. I know so many people that all had different experiences and no one treats me different because of Father's reputation."

"Why not?" I nearly gasped. Of course they would have to know she is Father's daughter.

"No one knows him at the school I'm attending," she shrugged, "I'm not a legend there."

"Do you want to meet him?" I trusted her a lot more now that she had confided in me as well, "The boy, I mean."

"In time, first I'd like to meet you," she held out her hand, "Hello, my name is Gemma,"

I accepted her gesture, "Hello Gemma, my name is Harry,"

She laughed halfway through, "I've never known a thing about you," she dropped my hand, "I'm sorry it's taken so long for us to be properly introduced,"

Of course we had known each other's names, but it was improper to use first names in front of superiors or guests, and we couldn't all call each other Mr./Mrs. Styles.

"Tell me about your boy," she smiled, picking out a water bottle from the small cooler I keep in my room.

I smiled at her words, ready to spill everything about the flawless boy.

I wanted to have him with me all the time, wanted to introduce him to everyone and flaunt his beauty to others.

I wanted to make everyone else jealous, but that wouldn't be very polite.