Thirty One

My mom found out I write fan fiction and she wants to read it.
Lol no.

Louis

"What the fuck did I do?" I dropped one of the shoes I was picking up.

"Chill mate," Zayn grabbed the shoe I had left on the floor and placed it by the door where it belonged.

I was about to tell him excactky how much I couldn't fucking chill when my phone buzzed.

I froze and ripped the small device from my pocket, hoping wishing it would be Harry.

Unknown number:

Hey this is Gemma, meet me at the coffee house on fourth in ten minutes

Okay. Change of plans.

"I'm going to the coffee house, you wanna come?" I asked Zayn, trying to slow my breathing down.

"Yeah, yeah," he slipped on a pair of the shoes that we had just put into place as I did the same.

One minute, Harry was laughing and telling me he loves me, the next he's saying curt 'goodbye's and leaving without even making eye contact.

Zayn called for a cab as I sat on the bench that was in the lobby of our complex. Luckily the taxi service was on our street, so the car was here in under a minute. Zayn pushing me into the backseat roughly and sliding in next to me. "Let's go," he patted my leg, "Why are we going?" He asked afterwards.

"Gemma texted and told me to meet her," I handed him my phone so he could read the message, "I'm hoping she'll tell me about what happened with Harry,"

"Dude!" Zayn hit my arm. "I shouldn't be coming with you then," he knocked on the partition dividing us from the driver, "Oi mate, just drop me at the bookstore on third," the driver nodded and diverted his eyes back to the road, "You're going to hafta do this alone," he patted my shoulder, "It's none of my business,"

I silently cursed him as the cab stopped in front of the book store, "You're paying," he pointed to me before he left. All I could do was agree, by now he was already gone.

I arrived at the bookstore with five minutes to spare, but Gemma's car was already sat in the parking lot and I could see her figure through the large glass windows of the small coffee shop.

I paid the man and entered the shop, sitting across from the girl only to see the tears in her eyes, "Louis? I didn't think you'd be here for another five minutes," she rubbed at her eyes, "I'm sorry, I'm a mess," she laughed dryly, "Harry, he just- responds to things differently."

"What do you mean?" I wanted to comfort her, but I didn't want to touch her (as rude as that sounds).

"He, oh god, Louis. You don't know what they did to him!" She was whispering, but her tone sounded scared almost, "I don't even know what they did! All I know is that there were a lot of operations and a lot of different doctors," new tears started to bloom in her eyes, "They took something from him,"

"Hey, hey, calm down," I patted her hand awkwardly, breaking my self-proclaimed rule that I wouldn't touch her, "What did they take?" If someone hurt my baby, I swear...

"They just took, like his sex drive and his attitude. God, Louis I am so glad that you restored that in him, I honestly did not expect to find him like that. Especially not enjoying himself," she ran her hands down her face, "My father has manipulated him so much, it's really not his fault he's like this,"

I just gave her a confused look as I took in all this new information. How did they take his sex drive? Or his attitude? How can something like that be stolen away from a person?