03| f i r s t

C H A P T E R T H R E E
=> f i r s t
|reg|

It was around Christmas time when Regulus got to talk to her again.

She was dressed in her muggle clothes — wool sweater, some tight trousers called jeans, mittens, scarf and a wool hat — but he thought she looked so adorable.

The coldness made her cheeks bright red, her nose shining the same colour as her hair. Her smile had brightened considerably since Autumn so he presumed she loved winter.

He hated winter. Autumn, though, he loved it.

It was too cold and dark in winter. The only beauty that came from the harsh weather was the white blanket of snow that covered the grounds and the icy blue lake. It wasn't so extraordinary.

The winter reminded Regulus of himself. Autumn, surprisingly, reminded him of Lily.

She was different. In his eyes, she was the epitome of beauty. Even with the ghastly freckles but she made it work. She made them look cute. She was nowhere near his cousin, Narcissa pretty. Narcissa, even young, was gorgeous. Lily was beautiful. It was this type of beauty you grow into and that's what got him so hooked.

She was friends with Sirius, by the looks of it. Maybe he could as his little brother about her.

——————————