10| g l a n c e

C H A P T E R  T E N
=> g l a n c e
|lily|

He always seemed to change a bit every holiday. Whether it be in looks or personality, he changed.

His cheekbones sharpened a bit, he'd grown nearly half a head taller than herself, his eyes lightened but they became colder too. He closed off from the world.

However, for some reason, Regulus found time for her.

Just the other night, Reg was hanging around near an empty classroom, in a abandoned hallway. He was leaning against the wall, looking very handsome in the silver of the moon but so detached it hurt.

It was a shortcut to the common room, that hallway. She was glad she took it.

Regulus turned to her. He had frozen, then he had smiled. He had pushed himself from the wall and then had stood directly in front of the window.

"It's a beautiful night, isn't it, Evans?" He had asked, hands tucked into the pocket of his trousers.

She slowly walked up to him, her history books clutched to her chest. He made her feel nervous and excited at the same time. It was bloody terrifying the control he had over her.

She glanced out of the window and tried to see what he saw. The moon was full, the dark night sky shimmering with the bright stars and the scenery looked so beautiful she lost herself in it.

"It is," she had finally said. "Very beautiful."

Then he had looked down at her, the grey in his eyes gleaming silver for just a second before he grinned. "As clichéd as this sounds, but the night isn't as beautiful as you, Evans."

Then she decided that grey was her new favourite colour.

***********************************