16| k i s s

C H A P T E R  S I X T E E N
=> k i s s
|lily|

Lily watched as Regulus leaned his forearms onto the railing. They were in the Astronomy Tower, watching as the night flew by.

She stood next to him, nearly a head shorter, and watched as he avoided her eyes whilst he kept on pulling his left sleeve down his arm.

"What's wrong, Regulus?" She asked softly and laid a hand on his shoulder. He flinched away and took a step to the side.

She frowned. "Regulus, what's wrong? What aren't you telling me?"

She watched as he tensed and how his face screwed up. She watched as his hands started to shake and how his body shuddered.

"Regulus..." she whispered and took a step towards him.

"Don't," he croaked. "Don't come any closer."

Her frown deepened and halted, her right foot half up and ready to set down. "What's wrong? Regulus, tell me."

He squeezed his grey eyes closed and gasped as another shudder went through him. "Don't come any closer or I'll do something we'll both regret."

Lily didn't like how he was acting—how he was talking. He sounded all choked up and scared it was heartbreaking.

"I don't regret anything when I'm with you, Regulus," she finally whispered and finally took that half-step. Her hand raised to rest on his shoulder again.

He shuddered and Lily thought she heard a quiet 'fuck it' before she felt lips descend on her own.

She didn't expect this—not at all. He never seemed like the type to give loving gestures—and the kiss was loving. It was beautiful and electric and extraordinary and everything she hoped her first kiss to be.

But then he was pulling away with a guilty expression twisting his face. "I-I'm sorry... I just needed," he cut himself off before turning away.

"Reg!" She called, racing after him once she popped out of her stupor. "Reg, wait!"

He didn't stop and she barely managed to grab a hold onto his robes. "Why are you leaving?" She demanded, trying to stop him.

He stopped and sighed. She watched as he ran a hand through his dark hair but then he was turning around with this sheepish look on his face and he looked heartbroken. "I-I... I don't know."

She smiled. "Then stay." He nodded.

***********************************