18| c r y i n g

C H A P T E R  E I G H T E E N
=> c r y i n g
|lily|

They were at it again, the older Slytherins. They were calling her a Mudblood.

But that's not what hurt the most, actually. It was the fact that her best friend was one of them.

Severus had called her that filthy name, Mudblood. He had called her it, knowing it or not, and it hurt. He was supposed to be her best friend, to help her with the name calling, but he had joined in.

It was what led her to the Astronomy tower to ball her eyes out. She sat there, in front of the railing, and cried and cried until her body could no longer produce any more tears.

She was exhausted. Lily knew she should get back to her dorm but she didn't find the energy so she just sat there, looking up at the stars. She looked around the sky, naming the different constellations and stars she saw and knew.

Behind her, she heard footsteps. The footsteps stopped next to her. She looked up and saw Regulus looking up at the sky, hands in pockets.

He sat down next to her. "I'm sorry," her murmured. "For not helping you."

She sniffed but managed a smile. Lily scooted over and rested her head on his shoulder, loving the feel of it. He automatically wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her to sit on his lap.

Then she started to cry again and it made her feel pathetic. But he didn't mind. He whispered soothing words into her ear and waited for her to calm down.

He truly was a wonderful person.

***********************************