28| l a s t

F I N A L E
l a s t
|lily|

Lily cried with the letter clutched to her chest. She felt so pathetic. She felt so dead inside.

I'm sorry, Red. I really am. I've put you through so much—all the hurt and confusion and anger—and look where it has ended. I wanted to redeem myself in your eyes, in my brothers eyes. So I did something, Red. I'm not sure if it counts as a redeemable act but it's worth a shot, right?

I did what I had to do to make sure He doesn't live as long as he had intended. I cannot disclose to you as to what I've done, I cannot risk them coming after you, sweetheart, but I can tell you that if you have received this letter, then I have failed and have met my demise not long ago. This must be cruel, really fucking cruel, but I had to make it right.

I had to make you not hate me because I'm very much in fucking love with you, Red. And yes, if there is a grave in my honour, and I'm not saying o deserve one, but if there is I give you full permission to spit on it considering I'm dropping this on you like one of those muggle bombs or whatever.

It's okay if you don't love me. Hell, go love Potter. I just wanted you to know.

I won't ask you to burn this. If you do, it's completely understandable. However, if you do decide to keep it, then I highly suggest you keep it hidden carefully.

I love you, Red. I hope you can forgive me someday. Love, always, Regulus.

She cried because that son of a fucking bitch does this to her! How dare he! If you love me, Reg, then you wouldn't have gone and fucking died!

She curled up on her bed and cried herself to sleep for days.

She loved him too.

***********************************

and that's it! I cannot believe it, this is so bloody amazing. I just have one more chapter—a thanks, really, so you don't have to read it but if you want to then that's fine. Ily all!!

~imagine.