21| s i x t h

C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y - O N E
= > s i x t h
p a r t 6
|reg|

She couldn't look at him after that. She wouldn't. Regulus expected nothing else—he did drop the bombshell, actually. She had a right to stay away from him.

He still remembers her reaction. It's all he thought about throughout the summer—her small gasp and her shaking her head and her stepping away and her saying 'it's not true—tell me it's not true, reg!—and then he couldn't stop thinking about the first thing that popped into his head when she left—stay, red. stay. i love you—and how he tried to make her understand that this was his duty.

Of course she didn't stay.

So it's his last year in this godforsaken place and she's ignoring him—like he's invisible—and he remembers what Andromeda said before she was disowned, long before she was disowned,—this will only end tragically, reg. don't do this to yourself—but didn't she run off with a muggle born?

It's because she isn't a coward. Andromeda didn't have the mark—it was easier for her.

Reg watched as Red laughed at something Sirius said and thought that he will make this right—one way or another.

***********************************

Sorry about taking so long for these updates!

~Imagine.