17| f i f t h

C H A P T E R  S E V E N T E E N
=> f i f t h
p a r t  5
|reg|

Regulus's couldn't believe it.

He kissed her. He finally found some balls to kiss her like there was no tomorrow (and, to be frank, that could well be true) but that wasn't the point! She kissed him back.

But there was no point in dwelling in it. She would hate him sooner or later. With the disgusting black mark burned into his left forearm, how could she not?

She'd never understand. This was for his family. He had to carry on where Sirius refused to. He had no other choice. For people like him, there are never choices.

"Why so broody?" Avery asked with a smirk, raising his dark eyebrows.

Regulus glared at him whilst leaning back on the seat. "Shut your trap, bastard."

Avery raised his eyebrows higher. "Trap? Isn't that a muggle saying? I think you've been spending too much time with your red haired Mudblood."

Regulus clenched his hands into fists and sneered. He forced the next words out but his voice never quivered. "Please, all she is to me is a quick fuck. Also, with her warming up to Potter and the lot—there's no doubt she'll be a part of the Order sooner or later. We need the information, don't we?"

Flint smirked at Avery. "Black has a point. What, does she know all about this?"

Regulus's throat constricted—what if she knew or found out? She'd hate him forever! He didn't want her to hate him. He smirked back to hide his true feelings and chuckled. "That'd be a dumb move, Flint—only something you could think of."

But he couldn't help darting his eyes across the hall to a certain special red head.

***********************************