War Games

first an Author's Note

-i'm going to be posting a lot more during November, as a participant of NANOWRIMO i'll be posting every day. or at least trying to. Thanks, Helyxs

The campers applauded and cheered, I went over to the table and got Percy some water. As I got back up onto the arena the campers started daring each other to face me. I soon had a lineup of almost all the campers, as they each faced me I started to end the matches quicker slamming them to the ground or bruising them in combat, I had gained respect.

After the 27 matches everyone except me was worn out tired and beaten down, the rest of the day was a blur I trained more in the arena and practiced some archery, I was kind of good at it, and then the dinner before the games.

After eating we all marched down to the edge of the forest and separated into teams. It was Hermes, Athena, Poseidon, Aphrodite (which didn't seem like a good perk at first), Dionysus, and Demeter; Against: Ares, Zeus, Hephaestus, and everyone else.

The Ares kids scowled at me and I smiled back.

"Remember, first one to capture the flag from inside the enemy's base and return it across the creek to their side wins!" Chiron roared over the chatter

"GO" Dionysus yelled "and I hope you get mauled"

"Cheery" and I rushed off into the forest. Running wildly I outpaced some of the other campers, and jumped across the creek I spun around one of the advancing Hephaestus kids and slapped him on the back. I kept running dodging roots and shrubs and finally spotting a small rook shaped keep with a flag on top, in the clearing I had arrived in. rushing up to the doors I kicked the door and bounced right back flying about 5 feet.

"Ugh!" I stormed back up to the door and looked through the key hole. The Hephaestus kids had rigged it! I took out my knife and flipped open one of the other sockets, out popped a key in the shape of a skull. 'Just maybe' the lock clicked and the door swung open for me to see a sleeping camper leaning up against the wall. I stopped breathing and crept around him, walking swiftly up the stairs to the top of the rook shaped keep and grabbed the flag and jump over the railing to the ground. I burst into a run and soared past a guy with glasses and a gold sword and was slammed in the back by a really heavy mass of fur.

"ROOF!" another hell-hound.

'How's it going?'

"ROOF"

'I'm assuming that means good.'

"ROOF!"

'Can I get a lift?'

"ROOF!" the hell hound stepped off me and I clambered on top of the hell hound with some campers looking at me with anger and awe.

"ON WARD!" the hell hound lurched and we practically flew through the trees. Landing with enough force to propel me off her back and across the creek with the flag in my hand.

"We win?" I asked

"He cheated!" an Ares camper yelled

"Mrs. O'Leary wasn't supposed to be in the battle!" another complained

"What's that above his-" the campers fell silent some with confusion three with fear, those being Chiron Annabeth and Nico

"What's wrong?"

"Seth... you're a son of Thanatos." Nico said, straightening up.

I looked above my head to see a skeleton holding an arrow which pointed straight at me, I moved and the arrow followed.