A Quest

After playing with Mrs. O'Leary for a while I wandered off, to her sad whimpering and started to think why Rachel of anyone would care that I'm still alive. First possibility, I'm needed for a prophecy or something quest, second possibility someone in camp needs me alive, third and definitely the most unlikely, she likes me. These possibilities circled around in my head as I wandered through camp, I eventually found the canoeing lake. And I stopped breathing and jumped in. sinking to the bottom of the lake I was happy to be alone. Until Percy jumped in and frantically swam around to see me trying to make a sand castle under the lake. It didn't quite work out and Percy swam over to help, but then I guess he remembered that I'm not a son of Poseidon.

"What-Are-U-Doing?" he asked in garbled bubbles. Seeing as I didn't have any breath in me I didn't reply but swam off farther towards the middle of the lake. Percy followed, or shot to me like an underwater torpedo and grabbed my arms and pushed me to the surface. Once my head was above water, and his was to I muttered

"I told you I didn't have to breathe!"

"The pressure would have gotten you if you swam down too far."

"Fine." And I sank again swimming to the edge of the lake and resting there. It had a weird sort of feeling and I relieved me. I saw Percy get out of the lake. But I stayed at the bottom, trying to rebuild my sand castle this one didn't work either. Eventually a face appeared above me shining down form the surface. It was Rachel, looking as pretty as ever. I swam up to her and saw that she wasn't smiling. She beckoned with her hand and I climbed out of the lake sopping wet.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE GODS WERE YOU THINKING!!!???" she roared at me

"I don't have to breathe."

"YOU COULD HAVE- what, what did you say?"

"I don't have to breathe."

"Just like Percy Jackson you're both reckless, stupid, and cute!"

"I'm what?"

"Reckless and stupid!" she replied blushing. I grinned and walked away. 

So it was the third reason! Yay. I liked her too. Now I don't have to go on any stupid quests and die. I can stay here and be happy. Or that's what I thought.

Several weeks after Rachel had called me cute, we started dating. And that's when disaster struck. After a Camp fire one night she stood and started spewing green fog from her mouth. Two campers rushed to catch her, but I was already there holding her steady, they brought over a bronze stool and I sat her down on it.

"Son of death, beware the cold," the prophecy had started "a scythe to reap even the souls of old, travel north to find the blade, or none shall fall and death will fade." On the last word she slumped and I picked her up and carried her to a corner.

"What was that all about?" on camper yelled from the stands

"Death will fade? Have the doors closed again?"

"No." Nico stood "the doors have not closed. It's talking about His Scythe."

"Scythe? Like the harvesting tool?"

"Yeah but larger and a lot less demigod friendly." I said. "It can turn your blood to Styx water." I didn't know where I was getting these words. But I just kept saying them "without it Death cannot sentence souls to the underworld. They just roam haunting the living."

"Well then go and get it!" an Ares kid yelled

"I can take two people right?" I asked, not even scared.

"Yes" Chiron spoke for the first time in a while.

"Then I ask not for your friendliness but for your help. Nico, and Hazel." They both stood and said in unison:

"I agree" they looked to each other and hazel said "and we will try to be friendly."

?�DWa�,9