Chapter-6

The car ride with Abby was surprisingly pleasant, and in the moments I forgot my entire messed up situation, I could call it having fun for once. 'Robbies' the sandwich place she talked about was amazing, but it also might be the fact that I was starving... I am feeding for two people now.

The further we go there more secluded the area we are in becomes, seeing very few cars and people pass us on the way. We finally turn onto a dirt pathway well covered by the forest around us. The hazard lights light up the dark road ahead.

"You said the pack house was near Minniewaska Park, not in it." I comment, as I have to brace myself on the dashboard from the bumpiness of the road.

"Same thing, only the pack knows where the location of the pack house is, and a few others. Consider yourself a honored guest." She winks at me and I bite my lip trying not to smile, but some how Abby knows that she's getting me to like her.

"Can I ask how many people are in the pack?" I ask.

"Around 150, were smaller then most but I would like to think were stronger. A lot of people that join the pack are from all over America, and the world. And don't worry you'll blend in fine, we get a lot of new wolfs regularly." She explains as the trees start to clear ahead.

"I'm not sure about that Abby, have you ever had a half wolf- half human here before?" I speak softly and I watch Abby sigh with a sad smile.

"If I'm honest, no." She says truthfully, turning to look at me before continuing." But if people do give you shit about it-which I doubt-then they go through me. We have all experienced hard times... some even came from S.E.R.O who joined us, they can relate to you... Besides I think the pack will enjoy having a baby around soon, it's been forever."

I try to smile at her end comment, I really do but my excitement that I thought might have existed doesn't show. I turn my gaze to my hands and there is silence as I feel Abby's stare on the side of my face. Nothing more is said as we ride for the next ten minutes in silence. Feeling bad for making what turned out to be a fun road trip into misery. I should have just faked a smile at best.

"Welcome Home." I turn my head to Abby before looking forwards as the lights from the many windows illuminates the large house in front of us. The house is lined with wooden paneling giving the five story building a homely feel as we pull up a few meters away from the front porch.

The engine stops, and the quietness of the night is disturbed after a few seconds by someone coming out of the front door of the house.

"I'll get you settled in, just have to check in with Mr. Alpha before anything else." Abby says with a playful note as she gets out of the car. I take a deep breath looking up at my new home as I see Abby meeting the person on the porch.

I hop out of the car, shutting the door behind me as I hear her talking with that familiar voice. I approach the porch slowly. A couple meters away from the steps Abby steps to the side to reveal the person and I stop dead in my tracks.

His easy going smile drops as his pale green eyes meet mine. My heart hammers against my chest as he steps towards me." Brooke?"

I don't respond in my shock and mild horror. He walks down the stairs; confusion prominent in is furrowed eyebrows. He halts a couple steps in front of me, looking me up and down to check if it is really me. I can't speak, still in stun mullet mode.

His eyes stop midway and land right at the last place I want them to, my stomach. He takes another step towards me as I watch his hand extending outwards to my body. I flinch back to avoid him touching me but being quicker then me, he grabs my wrist and holds me in place, roughly.