Chapter-31

Its like a Mexican stand off, although I have the upper hand of the barrel of the gun I got pointed at his head.

" Dead girls don't talk." Geoff grunts. The last time I saw him was in the middle of no mans land in Nevada. When I was working for an organization I thought was government run, but I was really kidnapping the supernatural. I faked my death to get out.

"I'm obviously not dead." I say, making sure to show nothing. I have no idea why he is here.

I can see his eyes peer down wards, and it doesn't take a genius to know he is looking at my pregnant stomach. He points to it." That's new."

" Obviously." I push the gun a little harder on the side of his head." You have about two minutes to explain what you are doing here before your worst nightmare appears."

I know Grant will come investigate if I am not back in 5 minutes to the store.

Geoff sighs, putting his hands up in surrender. "You know, when your mother told me you were alive I couldn't-"

"My mother?" I ask shocked, not understanding what she has to do with anything.

He looks at my expression before furrowing his eyebrows." Yes, Vicky your stepmother, ring a bell."

" I know you idiot, what does she have to do with this?" I urge.

Geoff eyes focus on the gun still pointed at his head." Lower the gun, and I might be more willing to tell you. "I sigh, putting the gun down and I can see Geoff visibly relax." About a month ago your mom contacted me as a last resort to try and find you."

"Oh..." is all I can say. Guilt washes over me. I haven't told my stepmother where I am or even contacted her for her own protection. But she must be worried sick.

" But I guess it's not as serious as I thought." Geoff carries on, just as I remember him always doing, I give him a questionable look. He continues." I thought you might have been in danger, but I am guessing you are hiding from your mother with an out of wedlock pregnancy."

I slap him on the shoulder." Hey! It's a lot more complicated then that." I pinch the bridge of my nose." How did you find me anyways?"

"To cut a long story short, your mother told me about you travelling to New York, as well as receiving a weird phone call from a blocked number a couple months back." He explains and I am guessing that was the call I used Abby's phone with only to freak out and hang up after ten seconds." So it took me a while to get the number, tracking it down I find out the phone was purchased from this very shopping center. I hacked into some security footage taken here, found you face and been staking out here ever since."

" You were always good at tracking people." I comment.

"And you were always good at kicking their ass." He says and that makes me laugh a little, it lightens the mood." By the way can I have my gun back now?"

" Not yet." I smirk, I guess his story checks out but I still don't entirely trust him.

Geoff opens his mouth to say something else but a growl echoing down the corridor stops him. I can't do anything as Grant is already storming towards us, his eyes transfixed on Geoff, his next target.

Its one quick movement as Grant pins Geoff to the wall by his throat. Geoff automatically claws at the single hand pressing against his windpipe.

I calmly take a breath and reach out to Grant." Let him go, Grant. "Geoff looks to me with pleading eyes as Grant hasn't stopped." Grant!"