Chapter-45

Between my first contractions Jordon helps me into the passenger seat of the black SUV and scrambles around to the drivers side, finding the keys in the glove compartment and turns on the car.

My next contraction hits as we make it out of the car park, not as bad but since there far apart and short it means I still got time. And maybe that graphic video Annie showed me actually did help.

We pull out to the busy street of New York, we get stuck in traffic but it gives Jordon time to adjust his eyes to the bright sun of midday that he hasn't seen in months.

"Just drive out of the city and head for Minniewaska Park." I say and Jordon nods, giving me worried filled eyes.

"You know." He thinks out loud." I thought the whole thing was that babies never come on there due dates."

" Well, I guess my daughter likes to be different." I state just as a contraction hits me and I lean against the dashboard, bracing myself against the pain.

And that's how it is for the next hour, contraction, break, and contraction. Over and over again the pressure becomes slightly stronger each time. I can tell my brother is trying to stay calm for me, but as more times passes uncertainty grows.

Finally I get to the point where I can't take it anymore, the motion of the car is making me nauseous.

"Jordon pull over." I wince as another contraction hits me.

"Brooke, I'm in the middle of a freeway here-" Jordon tries to explain but I am not having any of that.

"Pull over!" I practically scream and its 2 seconds later I am hearing the blinker interacting we are pulling over. The car comes to a steady stop and when Jordon cranks the hand break I get out of the car, ignoring his protests.

I walk around to be on the other side of the car, away from the zooming vehicles on the free way. It feels good to get fresh air and I can breathe properly again. I take in some much needed big breaths whilst leaning on the car.

Jordon is beside me in an intense leaving his car door open." Brooke we can't stop here-"

"The car motion is making me sick." I say, wiping the sweat off my forehead.

Jordon tries to be understanding, but his sigh is slightly annoyed." We can't stay here, we have to go-"

"Go where!" I shriek turning to look him in the eye." A hospital, I don't trust those places enough to know that S.E.R.O aren't going to hack into their systems and find us."

"You're not having the baby on the side of a road." Jordon argues.

"If I remember correctly you got an A+ in Biology." I say, as I feel the slight creep up of a contraction.

"Because I dissected a frog, not deliver a baby." Jordon says back a little harsher then intended, before softening." Brooke, I know it makes you sick but it's only an hour and a half drive to the pack house."

I shake my head right as the contraction hits me; I roll over to lean on the car with my forearm, the other hand cupping my belly as if to help relive the pressure. I hiss out in a long breath like the instructional video said, although I find it not making a difference.

I peek an eye to see my brother ready to argue again but a ringing cell phone silences it. We both look at each other in confusion, wondering if we have stated to imagine things but Jordon's head looks to the glove compartment in the car.

He reach's in, half disappearing for a second and pulls out a mobile phone. He looks at the screen before answering.

"Hello?" Jordon puts the phone outwards and switching it to speakerphone so we can both hear it.