Chapter-20

Flashback

One-Year Ago.

"Brooke." My name is shouted from behind as I close the boot of the car, grabbing my overnight bag before hand. The location of the next meet up point is in the middle of no man's land in Nevada. And I am not talking about the Vegas Strip but the full on desert with tumbleweeds.

My last mission was just completed, the rest of my squad went back to L.A but I have been assign here to meet up with Barry, the Head agent of our organization.

I turn my body to see Geoff, with his sandy blond hair and his skin lightly kissed by the sun. I smile at him. His a few years older then me, but can be as mischievous as a ten year old some times

"I didn't realize you'd be here?" I walk beside him to the front for of the old wooden shack. Its boiling out here and wearing long black leggings and a t-shirt is not helping me cool down.

"Barry and I finished up that case in Utah a few days ago." Geoff informs me before tilting his head up to look at the boiling sun." Damn, I miss Salt Lake city."

"Can't say I've been myself." I swing the bag over my shoulder.

"Well besides the two maniacs we shipped off, not bad place to be... I much rather be there right now."

"And why are we here right now, Barry assigning us to a new place?" I question finding it odd we aren't meeting in our HQ back in LA.

Geoff smiles." I've heard that Barry has something quite special for you." He winks at me, which causes me to roll my eyes. He opens the squeaky metal door that looks to me barley holding, allowing me in first.

Inside there is barley a temperature difference, a few tacky fans blow about in the small den. Inside is basically just a table, a sink to the side and a door leading to another room, probably a bedroom. Sitting at the table is Barry; the heat causes his muscles to be pulsing, and his skin slick with sweat, which gives his bold head a slight shine.

His eyes tilt up when he notices my presence." Brooke, sit." He gives a small gesture with his hand to the chair across him. He is a man with few words, and few smiles of gratitude." Report from Denver."

"Successful, both females taken away they wont be causing any more trouble." I inform him spotting a pincher of water on the table, helping myself to some after pouring it into a clean glass.

"Good, Next I will be needing you to go to San Francisco." Barry says watching briefly as Geoff takes a seat next to me.

" Alright, I will call the team from L.A-" Barry cuts me off before I finish.

"No team." He says shortly. I furrow my eyebrows at him which causes him to sigh." This next assignment is crucial; it is to be done under cover. Being by your self will cause less attention. Besides I think you can handle it."

I nod my head, this being my first solo assignment I feel a mixture of honor because Barry believes I can do it, with a sense of fear I will stuff up.

"Who's the next target?" I ask.

Barry grabs a stack of photos beside him, tossing them on the table in my direction. I pick them up off the table, and look through them.

"A woman named Raina, mid twenties a dangerous threat. Our base down in San Francisco says she has been down there for a week, and looks like she wont be going anywhere in a while."

A few shots of a woman with unique pale green eyes and defined features that stand out because of her dark hair. " And what happens to Raina, when I find her?"