Chapter-10

I hit the ground, like I always do when hearing a gun shot. Abby however, runs the opposite direction of our car. I turn my head to look and see her battling one of the gunmen holding a rifle. Before I can get up myself someone else is yanking my up by my sleeve.

On instinct I elbow my attacker in the face, I feel the crack of his nose and then a cry before something clatters to the ground. His rifle lays untouched on the floor and I pick it up, turn around and aim. The bullet hits him in the shoulder and he falls back form the impact. I turn to see Abby struggling to keep three guys off and that's when I aim again.

I hit the one guy in the stomach; it would have been his shoulder if he weren't in range of hitting Abby as well. That gets there attention and Abby has the time to knock the second guy out before getting the other guy in a head lock until he passes out.

Abby hurriedly walks back to me." Come on." We start walking quickly to the car when another gun goes off and where running. I hurriedly get into the passengers side. I watch Abby get in and then another gun goes off and Abby curses. Blood sprays on the inside of her car window before she closes the door with a cry of pain that has my heart racing.

She forces the keys into the ignition before pulling out and speeding the hell out of here. Nothing is said as we are on the freeway, Abby consistently looking in the review mirrors and wincing when she has to over take a car, turning the wheel hurts her wound.

"Where are you hit?" I ask and she just shakes her head.

"It's a graze wound, I'm fine, it will heal." She waves it off, turning and biting her lip when we take the exit to head back home. This road is quite and I don't like being alone on the road. We are to open out here.

And I probably jinxed myself when a huge dark car speeds up behind, gaining on us.

"Shit." Abby curse and puts her foot down, and I nearly get whiplash from the acceleration this car goes. But speeding away doesn't help us as more bullets are flying are way, rebounding off the car.

I throw the bag with my book in the back and hold my rifle to my chest, which I notice is heavily loaded. I take a peek at the review mirror; I hate to admit this isn't my first car chase. When I crane my neck though I feel a weird tingle and pull in the back of my neck and slap my hand where I felt it. I rub it and notice a weird bump that was never there before... they put a tracker in me. Why hadn't I noticed that before?

Ahead I see another exit and I turn to Abby." Do you trust me?" Abby looks at me confused but then nods." Turn at the next exit."

I take a deep breathe before winding down my window. I get my gun ready, positioning it so it is only peeking out my window, and I don't lean out of the car incase they want to shoot me on sight.

I feel the car doing a massive turn, the speed making the car drift and its enough time to aim my gun, the car behind us is still on the highway, giving me perfect range of their right forward and back tires. I shoot the crap out of the tires, the bullets ripping them to shreds as the air deflates out of them and the car does what I wanted it to. It rolls, the top of the car crushing inwards and the glass smashing as it tumbles off the road.

I fall back into my seat, clutching my gun and closing my eyes, calming myself. The exit has taken us onto another less lonely highway and I take my chance and look at Abby, she seems shocked into silence for the first time since I have known her.

"Holy crap Brooke." She whispers, taking a glance at me before giving a nervous shrug." At least this is the way to Robbie's sandwich shop."

--.-.-..-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.--..-..—

We end up pulling into the small dinner in the middle of nowhere. I quickly run in and get some food, leaving Abby in the car. When I come back I leave the food on the back seat and find one of the many t-shirts I had just bought. I open Abby's car door to see her clutching her wounded arm with her other hand.

She seems tired, and I don't blame her, blood lose does that." Okay lets get a bandage around this." I say and use my shirt, ripping it to create a compress.

"I liked that shirt." Abby teases as she adjusts her self with a wince and lets go of her arm. As carful as possible I wrap the ripped shirt around her upper arm and tie a knot to at least stop the blood flow. She is not healing as quick, since I worked out that the bullets in their gun where laced with silver.

Once I am done I look to Abby again." Okay do you need help moving to the passenger side or not?"

Abby gives me a funny look, and I know she is about to protest but I cut in.

"I'm driving whether you like it or not... your losing blood Abby." I add quietly at the end and Abby groans before I help her move across the passenger side. I jump in front of the wheel and lean behind me to retrieve a water bottle and Abby's order of a BLT to give to her. " It will keep your strength up and it will distract you from falling asleep."

Abby directs me on the road so we can get back home, and when she finishes her sandwich is when she starts talking again, although I notice her voice is week.

" Now are you going to tell me where you learned to shoot like that?" Abby breaks the silence and I sigh. Maybe if I start with this truth about me it might be easier to come clean about the whole truth.

"Well when I was younger, growing up in a pack with out canines and claws I was the easy target." I start the story as Abby stays quite and I look at her everyone once and a while to make sure she hasn't fallen asleep." So when I was around 15 I liked to go to a shooting range and learnt self defense and I don't know, I guess I was good at it."

"When I graduated high school, as cliché as it sounds, I was recruited by a secret government security organization." The memory pains me to think about it, what I use to do." I figured out though that this wasn't a government run organization, and what I was really doing was hunting down the supernatural... and I was forced to take them away or... mainly kill them."

Abby is stone silent, and I knew this was going to make her see me in a different light.

"How did you get out?" Abby asks.

" I faked my death about a year ago, I ran to New York and been there since." I half lie and half tell the truth on that one. I did fake my death, I went to New York for my brother though." If I knew what I was actually doing I would never have- "

"Brooke... We have all done things we wish we never did... believe me."

And part of me wants to ask Abby the deep hidden part she is keeping locked up from that statement alone. But I don't, that's her choice to tell me.

The rest of the journey is quiet; the bumpy road back to the pack house keeps me on my toes from the fact I hadn't driven in a long time. When we finally do pull up in front of the pack house, late in the afternoon I get out of the car and around to Abby's side and help her out. I notice she is a little paler and I'm about to ask where the medic clinic is but a slamming door against the wall stops me.

I look up to find Grant fuming as he stomps down the stairs off the porch, Caleb following him but not as angrily.

"You!" Grant points at Abby walking towards her and only stops when he notices that I am supporting her, my arm under her shoulder. Grant's gaze shifts to mine." What happened?"

" Can we please get her some help before I start explaining things." I say, Abby's weight becoming a struggle. Grant looks to Caleb, nodding his head towards Abby. Caleb comes and takes Abby from me, carrying her bridal style back into the pack house. I can feel Grant staring at me and I reluctantly look at him.

And I start to explain things.

-..--.-..--.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.--.-..-

I am Exam Free!!!

Anyways hope you liked that action packed chapter.

Hopefully I can update some more since I am now on holidays!

Please Vote and Comment!

Love u