Chapter-26

It was late when I went to sleep after the night with Grant. My body was exhausted , but my brain buzzed with excitement. I couldn't get over that one amazing night where everything seemed to work out.

Although waking up the next morning, only capturing a couple hours sleep I felt like a zombie parading through the pack house. When arriving in the dinning room, in a t-shirt and track pants- what I wore to bed- Abby was the first to spot something was off.

I go join their table, with Abby, Annie, Shawn and Lily. Sliding out the chair and sitting with my eyes feeling heavy.

"You Okay, Brooke?" Annie asks as she kindly pours me a glass of orange juice from a pitcher on the table.

"You look hung over." Abby comments and I give her a scowl before drinking my juice, the coldness wakes me up as it washes down my throat.

I am not in a cheery mood this morning, and I don't feel like Abby's jokes." I'm not, just really tired." I state simply.

"Is it because you were out with Grant last night?" Abby asks casually, but her face has a teasing note to it that makes me glower at her.

"What?!" Annie could have practically screamed which causes me to jump. But in my tired and irritated state my attention goes back to Abby.

"How do you know where I was last night?" I question.

"I was patrol duty last night, might have caught a glimpse of you two in the forest together." She replies.

"How could have I not seen a white wolf in the dark, you would have stood out like a sore thumb." I observe.

"You will be surprised how well I can hide in the forest, even though I have such luscious white fur as soft as snow..." Abby exaggerates dramatically"... even though it's a bitch to clean."

"Abby. Language!" Annie scolds as she nods her head to a little three-year-old Lily, who is not paying attention as she is coloring in. Abby puts her hands up in surrender and carries on eating her breakfast. Annie's gaze comes to me, and I find myself sinking into my seat.

She smiles." So, How was it with Grant last night?" Shawn beside her coughs on his toast as if he was thinking the obvious thought of what that question could mean. My cheeks go red.

"Nothing of that nature." I announce first, which only causes Annie and Abby to smirk in amusement." He took me to a beautiful place in the forest, we talked, we laughed he took me back. You know, the usual."

Although nothing about last night was 'the usual', but I am not going to mention that to the sisters who seem way to interested in my love life at the moment. As if remembering the night causes it, I feel the baby move around and I place a hand on my stomach. A small smile makes it onto my lips.

"By that face I don't think it was an ordinary first date." Annie notes as she watches me with knowing eyes. I sigh with content as I playfully roll my eyes.

"Why are you so interested on this topic, may I ask?"

" Since we have been here-which has been a long while-Grant has never- well not that we know of- taken as much interest in someone as he has for you." She explains and I find myself shaking my head.

"The only reason he did take an interest in me was because of the baby in my stomach."

But Annie shakes her head in protest." That might have bought you together, but times have changed Brooke, he didn't have to ask you out on a date just because you're having a baby together."