Chapter-43

Jordon's body goes stiffer then a plank of wood as I hugged him, I was still crying when he gently pushed me away at arms length and looked down at the obvious. His mouth gaping open like a fish out of water, probably having no idea what to say.

"That's...new." He expresses his thought and calming myself down I even mange a chuckle, if he only knew.

"It's good to see you to." I croak with my post crying voice.

He shakes his head, hands sliding down his face in slight freaked out mode as I recognize from when he did it when we were younger. " Sorry but I'm locked up for 8 months and my sister, who is know pregnant, comes to the last place she should be. What are you doing here?"

How I want to scream at that question, but all manage is a sigh." I could write a book on how I came to be here Jordon, and it starts with 'once upon a time I tried to save my brother's ass'."

"Brooke you tend to get sarcastic when you're angry, and I don't think raising your blood pressure is good for pregnant women." Jordon says.

"As flattered as I am that you care about the health of me and your niece, your not getting out of this one so easily." I bark back.

"Well I think not seeing the sun for over half a year is punishment enough don't you." Jordon says, defeated as he turns away from me going to sit on one of the beds in the plain jail like room.

Another mood swing must have hit me as I feel bad all of a sudden for getting mad at Jordon, how could I possibly blame him when after the conversation with Mr. Emerson? It was me they wanted all along. For all or nothing, it could have been my fault just as much as his.

I waddle over to him on sore ankles and sit beside him, placing my hands on my stomach. Head in his hands I let out a sigh as I ruffle his hair like I did when he would come home from a football game defeated.

"Jordon..." I whisper." I'm just glad to see your okay."

He peeks a glance at me through his fingers." I'm sorry Brooke, if I had listened to you-"

I cut him off." Don't say that, you tried to help dad, that's more then I could have done."

Jordon seems like he wants to protest, but luckily he doesn't." How's ma?"

I bite my lip." I haven't seen her since I left for New York."

Jordon's head whips to me." Then where have you been all this time?" He asks." Because first things first when I get out of here, I'm going to whip the guy's ass who got you pregnant."

Seeing Jordon being all protective brother is...cute. But I don't think he would go far trying to throw a punch Grant's way. He would probably stop to ask questions first on Shadow werewolves before anything else. He enjoyed academics better then the physical.

"I would like to see you try." I chuckle sadly, thinking of Grant's face and his pale green eyes. I wonder what's happened now? Does he know what happened to Raina, to me?

"Brooke?" Jordons voice breaks me out of my thoughts and he is looking down at my hand which is shaking uncontrollably." What happened?"

And I tell him the story from when I tried to sneak in here to break him out all the way through to the terrible conversation I had not long ago with Mr. Emerson.

And afterwards he looks shocked into silence. He gets up from the bed, and I look down to my hand in my lap the other rubbing my belly where my daughter is kicking away.

Jordon starts pacing the room." This isn't good Brooke."

I give him a flat look." Way to state the obvious."