Chapter-35

My back aches as I wake up. I had completely forgotten where I was as I mange to sit up and watch the lowering sun in the horizon. I had also forgotten what had happened and why I had fallen asleep near the lake to begin with.

But when it does come flooding back I wish it hadn't and I had stayed asleep. I knew Grant's reaction wasn't going to be good, but it was worse then what I would have thought. Who was I kidding; of course it was going to be that bad it would result to him leaving me in the middle of the forest.

A kick from my baby drags me out of my thoughts as I subconsciously place a hand on my belly, giving it a rub." I still got you munchkin." I whisper, another lonely tear running down my cheek. I thought I would have run out but clearly not.

Not wanting to face the pack house I decide to go for a long walk. I had discovered many forest trails and walked thorough them well after it got dark. It gave me time to think as well as chicken out from having to go face the music.

What seemed like hours later, my feet and legs hurting I arrived back at the pack house. Quietness was surrounding it, which was odd considering its more lively most of the time.

Walking up the porch steps, exhausted I planned on going straight to my room and back to bed. But walking past the living room to get to the stairs I see Abby and Annie huddled together on one of the sofas. When spotting me they both get up, relief washing over them as they scramble to me.

"Brooke, Oh My Gosh! Thank god your okay." Annie says as she gives me a tight hug, pulling away but keeping her hands on my shoulder, looking me up and down.

I on the other hand am completely confused as to why she is so happy to see me." Yeah... I'm fine." My voice sounds awful, which causes Abby to give me a pointed look.

"What happened, you look and sound like crap." Abby comments and I am too tired to either laugh or scowl at her. Annie however gives her a pointed look." Sorry, I'll just go inform everyone the search party is off."

"What?" I ask, my eyes widening in surprise. Abby guilty smiles as she walks around me and out the front door.

"Brooke you've been gone for 4 hours, When Grant came back and we told him you hadn't come home yet he full on freaked out and sent everyone to look for you... are you sure everything's okay?"

Still to tired to have a reaction to that, I shrug." I just went for a walk. And now I am going to bed."

With that I walk past Annie and head to the stairs. About half way up them I hear an angry slam of the door, which stops me in my tracks. I turn to look down and see a fuming Grant as he comes to stand at the bottom of the stairs looking dangerously at me.

"Was this some stupid way to get back at me." He comes straight out with it, harshness coating his words as everyone watches.

"What?" I ask, not understanding him.

" I left you out there so you decided to go 'missing' for attention or just to make a big deal?"

What little energy I have left turns into anger." No, I fell asleep and went for a walk. I didn't mean to cause a scene!"

"You fell asleep in the middle of no-where, and went for a walk at night in the forest do you have no concern for our baby your currently carrying, for they danger you put the child in."

Not wanting to agree his right, I clap my hand on the railing." Well I'm sorry you decided to leave my pregnant self in the middle of now where. Now if that's all you wanted to yell at me about for today I think I am going to go to bed."

I wait as I see Grant glaring at me, but he doesn't say anything as I let out and angry and tired sigh as I turn around and head back up the stairs. My heart feels likes it's breaking into a million pieces.

...--..-......-.--..-.-.-.--..-.-.-

I had forgot the arrangement I had made with Geoff when I walked into my room. He was sitting on the end of my bed on the phone when I walked through the door. If I had any energy left I would kick him out.

He spots me before he goes back to the phone call.

"- Yeah, sorry Mrs. Rhodes but I am going to have to go." He says eyeing me. His talking to my stepmom. Right now more then anything I want to snatch the phone from him and talk to her. But I would be putting her in danger if I did that.

"I will give you an update soon, Brooke was always good at hiding I'm sure she's fine...." Geoff reassures before nodding." Yep, Bye."

I go to sit next to him. I let out a heavy built up sigh.

Geoff hangs up and looks to me." You told him?"

All I can mange is a nod before I am crying again. It hurts. How one minute he was looking at me with such care and the next was as if he wished I had never met him.

"Brooke..." He whispers and slings an arm around my shoulder, as I cry on his. I don't know how long I sat there as Geoff tried to comfort me.

When I finally pull away, a desperate thought comes into my head." Can you take me home..."

Geoff goes tense, looking at me confused." Brooke, you can't go home."

"Yes I can." I sniff, annoyance in my voice." I can live in California with my stepmom, I can be away from the danger of S.E.R.O."

"Your obviously over tired." Geoff states." And you haven't thought of all the consequences. Firstly there is the matter of S.E.R.O finding you and your mother if you leave. Secondly your pregnant and I don't think Grant will react well to your departure."

I sigh, of course he's right... like he always use to be. I feel Geoff get off the bed and I look at him to see him wearing a sad smile.

"You can't run and hide from this one Brooke, maybe a year ago when things were different but your situation has changed."

All I manage was nod and a sniff. I try drying my eyes with the back of my sleeve as Geoff approaches the door." Where are you going?"

He drops his hand from the handle." Your probably want some space tonight, I'll go crash on the couch downstairs."

Realizing my new living arrangement again I force back the tears that threaten to spill. All I mange is a curt nod, before a good night and Geoff leaves the room.

And I fall back to sleep...alone.

--.-.-..--.-..-.--.-.-.-..--.-..-.--.

Sorry it's a little short but that was the aftermath.

Thank you everyone for all the votes and comments this week, its been so much fun to read them!

So please continue Voting and Commenting!

Next update will be in two days!

Love U

(sorry if badly edited)