XX

A lean body attacked me to the ground as soon as the door was opened. My mug broke when it came in contact with the parquet floor as hot liquid flowed from it and scalded my arm.

“WHERE ARE YOU HIDING MY ZACKY, BITCH?” Arianna screamed and trapped my body in between her legs. I was too shocked to react and she flung her arm back, ready to assault me.

I held my hands up to guard my face when I heard Arianna yelp. She was pushed to the ground and she winced in pain. Arin offered his hand for me and pulled me up from the floor. He shouted at Arianna and closed the door shut. Arin then called Matt and Brian and told them to rush to Aunt Anna’s with their wives. He stared menacingly at Arianna, who brought herself up from the floor and landed on a chair near the door. Arin did not allow her to leave the house and she rubbed her wrist in pain.

“Ska, are you okay?” Arin asked and he shook me slightly. I was stood rooted to the ground and felt tears running down my cheeks. I was traumatised. Arin took my hand gently and led me to a couch in the living room. He seated me on it and rubbed my shoulders. He walked towards Arianna and I heard them exchanging spiteful words.

“What the fuck were you thinking? Coming to Aunt Anna’s and assaulting Ska! Nat is going to blow when she hears about this!” Arin shouted.

“Why don’t you ask that bitch, huh? Why the fuck would she have Zacky’s phone with her if he isn’t here? And why the hell are you here, anyway? Is it your turn with that slut already?” Arianna screamed and I heard a loud thud.

Arin punched the wall and blood was oozing out from his knuckles. He left Arianna’s side and walked towards me. I saw the blood on his hand and went to get the first-aid kit from the kitchen. I cleaned his hand and had it bandaged. Arin noticed the burn on my arm and helped to apply antiseptic cream on it. Shortly after, Matt, Brian, Nat and Soph barged into the house. Soph stood in front of Arianna and gave her a resounding slap across her face. Brian had to hold her back before she beat the crap out of Arianna.

“Oh dear, Scarlett, are you okay?” Nat asked as she held my hands. I nodded my head and Nat hugged me tight. Matt was talking to Arin and he offered me an apologetic smile.

“I’m sorry, Ska,” Matt apologised as though he was in the wrong.

“Don’t be,” I replied and offered him a faint smile.

Nat walked towards Arianna and demanded her to explain herself. Soph stood beside Nat with her arms folded across her chest. She was still fuming. Arianna stuttered on her words and broke down. She told Nat that she loved Zacky too much to let him go. Soph was about to start again when Nat held her back.

“Zacky is family. If this is what you’re doing to him, you better leave. If whatever you said about loving him is true, you should let him go. You don’t deserve him, Arianna. And that was the nicest way possible I could put it across for you.” Nat said and Arianna hung her head in shame.

“Scarlett is also family. You owe her an apology and you owe Jimmy one, too. If he’s here today, you’d be in a worse state than you are right now. I am ashamed of you and I am ashamed of myself for allowing Zack to be with you even after you cheated on him twice!” Nat continued. Nat looked like she was about to break down and Soph had her arms around her best friend.

Arianna admitted defeat and stood up. She walked towards the door and turned back to face all of us.

“Scarlett, I’m sorry for what I did. I’m sorry guys. This is the last time you’ll see me. I’ll leave Zacky here and I’m never coming back. I’m sorry, Nat. I’m sorry, Soph,” Arianna apologised and left the house. She hailed a cab with her bags and left without looking back.