Miami

Josh's POV

These past 3 years I've been living in Miami. I grew up here when I was really young and it just seemed like a good place to start over. I moved here with every intention of going back to Nashville at some point since my family and friends live there. So I'm transferring to the Nashville Emergency Rescue Evacuation to work for station 12 next month. So my job is basically when people get involved in a large accident or there is mass injury in some area I will be one of the medics that goes out on the scene to stabilize them until they can get to an actual hospital.
These past few years I've been going to school year round so that I could get my BSN degree early which you need to be a medic at Station 12. But now that I'm done with all of the actual written tests, the medical training station I'm at sets up fake situations and you practice saving dummies from whatever hypothetical injury they have been said to have. But now that the actual schooling part of it is done and I've graduated I have a lot of free time on my hands. I mean I graduated early so I can't really complain because I just wanted to get through school quick. But now that I do have a lot of free time it makes me excited to move back to Tennessee, because even though I have friends here it's not the same as the original friends I have at home. And I miss being around my family as much as I used to be.
It's been hard to adjust being away from them but I had to get away for a while. I still love her but at least now I don't feel as hurt as I did before. I missed her but I knew that me coming here for school was best for both of us. But sometimes I wonder how she is. I know that her sisters and her stopped touring together. They are all doing their own thing now. I'm assuming it was because Christina and Nick got married and they wanted to start a family. When I think about her some stupid part of me wonders if she ever thinks about me. Or if I'm just the idiot who can't move on.
I've tried moving on. I actually still am trying to move on. I've been with this girl Peyton for the past 4 months. And I know that I'm a jerk because I'm thinking about Lauren when I have a girlfriend but I can't help but compare them. Peyton makes me feel good for a short period of time but she's just so superficial. She's not genuine like Lauren was but she's a distraction. And maybe if I'm with Peyton for long enough I'll start to love her like I love Lauren. Who knows, maybe one day I'll look at Peyton and forget about Lauren.
I don't know what's going to happen with Peyton when I move back to Nashville. But right now I'm just having fun and trying to forget.
Besides I've got a new life. I'm going to work as a medic in Nashville and move in with my friends Drew and Robert. Ive grown up, and so had Lauren. Things have changed. Even though change can suck, sometime it's necessary. I just want the opportunity to mend things with her, so that we can both quit pretending like each other don't exist.