Your Promise

Reaction during Aladdin engagement

Lisa's POV

My dad basically forced us all to go see this Disney play of Aladdin. When some of us were arguing with him about not wanting to go he said that Josh has a surprise set up and that he needed help and we were just supposed to sit in the back.
It was in the middle of the play when Josh jumped on stage. Once Lauren had been pulled on stage it finally clicked with my sisters and I what was happening.
Christina- "Oh my gosh is he going to propose!?!"
Lisa- "Oh my gosh what is happening!?"
We then heard him ask for the ring and he got down on one knee. Lauren started glowing and happy tears flooded down her cheeks. She shook her head yes while her right hand remained over her mouth and her left hand reached down so that Josh could place the ring on her finger. Then my family started screaming and we saw Josh's mom and sisters screaming from diagonally behind us.
Dani- "YAS!!!!! I have another brother!!!!!"
Lauren and Josh went and sat back in their seats smiling and glowing at what just happened. Lauren didn't know we were here so I think Josh wanted to surprise her and make sure we got to see their moment. Once the show ended we walked out of the theatre waiting for Josh and Lauren.
Once they came out Lauren freaked out because she didn't expect to see any of us. She came out and hugged us and we congratulated them.

Christina's POV

I hugged Lauren so tight when she walked out because I was so happy for her. My dad told us while we were outside waiting for them that he knew about it for weeks because Josh asked him for permission and then his help to get all of us here.
I then hugged Josh and whispered something in his ear.

Christina- "Thank you for keeping your promise."
Josh- "You know I would never break that."
Christina- "You're the best guy for her. I'm so happy that you are the one she's choosing to be with forever. You're part of the family now little brother."

Flashback to the first night Josh met the Cimorelli's...

Christina hugged him and then whispered something in his ear with a stern look on her face. Josh looked intimidated when he pulled away but smiled through it. Then I saw him say to her "of coarse... I wouldn't have it any other way"

I remembered that like it was yesterday. I told him to never hurt Lauren. And he promised that he never would. I didn't think that once young 18 year old boy would have kept that promise but he did.