Thats A Suprise

11 Months Later...
(I know these past 2 updates have been extreme time jumps but it's important for the story)

Josh's POV

Me and Lauren have now been together for just over 2 years. We have our small fights here and there but nothing to serious. I've opened up completely to her. I tell her every single thing and she tells me everything. I'm still living with Robert and Drew. Both of them are also in serious relationships.
We decided to just hangout together tonight since we were all free. Even though we live together we actually don't chill and talk as much as you'd think, just since we all are super busy with work and we're all in relationships. So tonight is just a good time to catch up. We were joking around and talking about some of the many stupid things we've done together.

Drew- "So why are you so happy over there?" He gestured over to me with a smirk.
Josh- "If I tell you will you two keep your mouths shut? haha"
They both agreed in unison. I reached in my pocket and pulled out a small box to show them. I opened it revealing an engagement ring.
Robert/Drew- "WHAT! OH MY GOSH! NO WAY!"
Drew- "Josh YOURE GOING TO GET MARRIED!!!!"
Robert- "OH MY GOSH DUDE!"
Drew- "When are you going to ask?!"
Robert- "How are you gonna do it?!"
The smile on my face widened.
Josh- "Slow down guys! I'm gonna ask her after she gets back home so sometime in the next few weeks. I'm not exactly sure what day yet."
Robert- "Dude that's so awesome! How or where are you going to ask?"
Josh- "Thats all a surprise for now."
My smile kept growing thinking about spending the rest of my life with her.
Drew- "DUDE! I am so excited!!! We're gonna have a sister in law!"
Robert- "Drew you have to be blood related for us to have a sister in law."
Josh- "We may not be blood related but you guys are my brothers no matter what! You're some of the very few people who know."
Robert- "Wait who else knows?"
Josh- "Well my family and her Dad. But I didn't tell anyone else besides her dad because the more people that know, the more likely she is to find out."

Flashback to 2 weeks ago...

Me and Lauren's dad are out golfing and he's kicking my butt. I suck at golf. I don't get it and I don't understand why people play it. But I knew that this would be a good opportunity to talk to him with just us two. We were on the 14th hole and we got back in the cart after finishing that hole when I finally worked up the courage to talk to him about what was really on my mind. I could feel nerves building just to talk to him about this.

Josh- "So you know I've been with Lauren for over 2 years now and I've known her for almost 6. And I just want you to know that I love your daughter very much. I would do anything to protect her and keep her happiness safe. There is nothing that I wouldn't do for her. And I just wanted to ask for your permission to ask her to marry me?"
Dad Cimorelli- "I would love to have another addition to this family son. Of course. I've never seen my daughter happier than she has been with you. Have you gotten a ring already?!"
Josh- "Thank you so much sir. And yeah I did get one. And I was hoping we could keep this between the 2 of us? I just kind of have a plan and I want only a few people to know. And I want you guys to be there when I propose."
Dad Cim- "Of course! What's your plan to propose?"
Josh- "That's what I need your help in. I need you to get the family to this place so that she doesn't know they are there. So there is no way she can see you guys and my family will do the same."
Dad Cim- "I can do that. Where at?"

Flashback ends