His Vice

Lauren's POV

I went to the store to go get food since our refrigerator is empty. Dani and Lisa usually don't like to go shopping unless they have to so I just do it since I get to pick out all the food I like.
I was walking through the store aisles grabbing what we needed when I saw Drew at the opposite end of the aisle. He smiled at me and said hi. I only knew him and Robert because of Josh. They were really nice though and we hang out sometimes since we have some of the same friends.
We stopped and talked for a few minutes since I hadn't seen him in a couple weeks. And we were kind of friends so I thought it would be polite to see how he was.

Drew- "Hey what's up? Haven't seen you around lately."
Lauren- "I know I've been traveling and doing some small shows on the east coast for a couple weeks. How about you? What are you up to?"
Drew- "Nothing much. Me and Robert have just been helping Josh move back in and trying to fit all of our stuff. And I'm just staying busy with classes."
Lauren- "Oh.. I didn't know Josh was back already."
Drew- "Yeah he actually just got here a few days ago."
Lauren- "It's just him? I kind of assumed his girlfriend was coming with him."
Drew- "No uh they broke up before he came back... Can I ask you something?"
Lauren- "Yeah. Sure."
Drew- "I don't know what is going on with you two. I don't know what it is between you two, but for some reason you two can't seem to stop thinking about each other. You're both my friends. But please, don't hurt him again. Either be with him or don't. But please don't hurt him, I don't think he can take it."
Lauren- "I won't. I don't want to mess with his feelings. I just got out of a relationship with Tyler. And I'm sure he's upset about Peyton. From what I've heard it sounds like they were together a while. I'm sure he is trying to get over that relationship."
He let out a small laugh while shaking his head and looking at the ground.
Drew- "You really don't see it. He wrapped himself up in a girl who just intoxicated him, she was his vice. But you're the girl he never stopped loving." He paused for a second. "He might get with other girls for a while to drown you out of his mind but it's you. It always has been you. I want you both to be happy. So either be with someone else who gives you what he couldn't or be with him. Just please, don't hurt him again."
Lauren- "Maybe we weren't meant to be together. I don't plan on letting him down again."
Drew- "By the way, if you ever tell Josh I told you that I'll have to kill you."
We both laughed and he continued. "And whether you two never get together again or you work things out, me and Robert have always got your back if you need us."
Lauren- "Thanks same with you." I smiled appreciatively.
I knew they were nice and protective over me for Josh. Those 3 were best friends and they would do anything for each other. That's just how they were. But I can't stop thinking about what Drew said. That it was true, I can't stop thinking about Josh. I just don't know what to do when it comes to him.
Lisa and Natalie are pretty close friends so she invited Lisa, dani and I to her wedding. Maybe that will be my opportunity. I can talk to him again when I see him there. I just want him back in my life. Even if he doesn't trust me enough to be with me, I need him as a friend. I miss him too much to avoid him.