Wedding Day

This chapter is going to be in Drew's perspective as Josh's best man

Drew's POV

I'm currently standing diagonally back from Josh as he is standing across from Lauren. This wedding is amazing. And I got to walk down the aisle with Lisa on my arm so I'm not to upset about that😏
The wedding ceremony just ended and we are at the reception. I'm actually kind of nervous to give my best man speech. I'm getting ready to stand up and speak.
Once I stood up I got everyone's attention and started with some funny stories about Josh. It was funny to think about all the stupid things me and Josh have done or seen happen. I wanted to start off light hearted and funny.
After I had finished joking around I turned to Lauren during my speech and talked to her. This was all still a part of my speech but I wanted to talk directly to her.

Drew- "So instead of clowning around this whole speech I'll start to be serious now hahah. You all know based on those stories that I have been friends with Josh for a long time. We've been friends for nearly 15 years. And about 6 years ago Lauren and Josh met. And at the time we were just 18 years old. They started off as friends and when they eventually started dating I can say that I didn't think they would be getting married. But then I met Lauren. And after I got to know her I realized that there was no two people that belonged together more than them. Josh talks highly about a lot of people, but I've never heard Josh talk about someone like he talks about you. The moment that Josh sees Lauren you can instantly see him light up with happiness. And last night when I talked to him I had to ask him how I would know when I had found I love like the two of you share. And he said that he knew he was in love with her because she was the one that he wanted to spend every day with. That no matter what he didn't get tired of hanging out with her. And the point of me saying all of this is to thank you. So thank you so much Lauren for being my best friends light even if he feels like he is stumbling through darkness. So with that being said, I would like to make a toast to the incredible couple for many years of happiness to come. I love both of you as if you were my siblings and I can't wait to watch your journey. Cheers!"

I was really nervous to speak but I think it all went well. Lauren and Josh looked so happy.  It was incredible to see them with each other.
Everyone had danced and laughed all night. Overall it was an incredible wedding. I couldn't imagine it going any better for the guests or them. This was the start of their future.