In Love With My Best Friend

2 weeks later

Lauren's POV

Josh is over at mine and my sisters house right now. I know it has been a long time since we broke up but now that we are back together it feels like nothing has changed.
I think it's because I didn't fall in love with some random guy I fell in love with the guy who became my best friend.
No one was home so we just wanted to sit in the house and relax today because he has been working all week and I was out of town for a few days. We were in the kitchen making food so we could eat and watch a movie. Josh then started laughing while he yelled something.

Josh- " Laur it's burning!"
Lauren- "I told you we should have just ordered pizza! Hahaha I'm a terrible cook."
Josh- "I know but it's still cute watching you try."
He flashed that flirtatious smirk at me.
Lauren- "You are from now on in charge of cooking. Hahah"

Josh ended up cooking food for us so that we could go sit down and watch a movie. We sat close and cuddled up together to watch The Best of Me (which I has to beg to watch). When it finished me and Josh started talking about different random things.

Lauren- "So I'm going back to California on Monday for a week to perform a few shows. Lisa and Dani are coming. I was wondering if you wanted to come."
Josh- "Yeah for sure. I won't be able to stay the whole week because I have work but I can go for most of the week."
Lauren- "Then I can actually show you around and you can know where I'm from."

I walked into the kitchen to get the last one of the cookies that Kath made.

Josh- "You jacked the last cookie! I didn't even get one."
Lauren- "HA! Sucks for you! You've got to be quicker!"
Josh- "Come on we can half it, don't be selfish." He said playfully. I shook my head no at him and took a bug bite with a smirk planted on my face.
Josh- "Fine I'll just come get it myself!"
He sprung off the couch and grabbed me from behind while wrapping his arms around my waist. He grabbed my sides where I was really ticklish. I was begging him to stop, pausing several times throughout because I couldn't stop laughing.
Lauren- "Babe-- please stop-- I'm--so ticklish"
Josh- "No I made the food I want the cookie!"
I turned around and grabbed his wrists and started play wrestling with him. He was obviously a lot stronger than I was so it wasn't hard for him to break my hold. After realizing how easy it was for him, I inched closer to his face and gave him a slow, passionate kiss. He leaned in more and I pulled away smirking at him knowing it would make him mad.
Josh- "You are such a tease!"
Lauren- "Well, maybe if you didn't try to steal my food I wouldn't have to be."
I smiled at him and he bit his bottom lip while smirking back. After all this time that is still my weakness when it comes to him. That was his way of being a tease and he knew it.
He crashed his lips against mine and our lips moved in sync. He walked forward while pushing my back up against the wall. Both of my hands were intertwined in the soft, spiked curls of his hair. He pulled away and kissed my neck several times making me breath heavy. His soft lips on my skin made me slightly pull on the strands of his hair, before making his way back up to my lips. He kissed me just long enough to make me want more, then he pulled away.
Josh- "Two can play at that game."
He let out a small laugh of victory and pecked my cheek. Whoa- I mean he was already a pretty good kisser three years ago but wow time did not hurt when it came to that. While I was on this thought he grabbed the cookie that I had set on the table and ate it with a child like grin on his face.
Josh is super competitive and he likes to know he can win. It's actually hilarious. I shook my head and smirked at him knowing that he made something as simple as a cookie a competition and he used his lips as distraction.