Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX

~ OLIVIA ~

Beep, beep...beep, beep...beep -

I scrambled from my bed and rushed to my alarm clock, yanking the plug from the wall. I stood there, leaning against my desk, my body screaming at me to sit down.

I was sore; I was in actual pain.

I let out a gasp and leaned over, waiting to see if my parents would wake from my alarm or sleep through the noise.

After a few moments of silence, I assumed they didn't wake up and forced myself to a standing position, needing to get ready for school.

I swallowed and limped my way to the bathroom, somehow managing to scramble my weak body into the shower. My body was still naked from last night.

I turned the water as hot as I could withstand and just stood under the water, staring at the blank, white tiles.

After a couple of minutes, I began to cry.

I wrapped my arms around my chest and cried. I'm so disgusting. I'm fucking nasty.

Memories from last night flashed through my mind and I grabbed my body wash, pouring it straight onto my skin. I began rubbing, rubbing, rubbing...please get off.

I tried to scrub the filthy feeling from my skin but to no avail, I couldn't shake it.

I sank to the floor of my shower and bit my hand to stop the sobs that racked my body.

I hate myself. I am...worthless.

I sat in the shower for a while before I forced myself off the floor. I finished washing my hair and got out. I dried myself off and walked out of the bathroom, unable to see my reflection in the mirror there. I stopped in front of the mirror that hung outside the bathroom however and stared.

My black eye was beginning to heal and now looked an ugly green color. New bruises from the multiple guys that used me...covered me all over...my stomach, arms, and legs...

Scratch marks zigzagged across my chest and back, visual and painful reminders of the sexual assaults I endured.

I closed my eyes and inhaled a shaky breath before opening them again. My top lip was swollen and I had a new bruise on my face from where my father had decked me in the face last night.

I swallowed and wiped away my tears. I don't even care if people see my face like this anymore. Why does it even matter?

I got dressed, putting on some skinny jeans, a black t-shirt, and my typical black hoodie. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my backpack, slid my phone in my back pocket, and left my room.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a few bottles of water and some painkillers, taking them before walking out the front door, closing it silently behind me.

I began the walk to the bus stop, moving slower than normal because of how much it hurt to move. My body was screaming at me to just...collapse and never move again.

I settled on the bench and threw my hood up, putting in my earbuds. I leaned my head back and felt like crying or screaming. I hate this life.

The bus pulled up and I thought about what would happen if I had jumped in front of it. My parents would probably find a way to bring me back to life if I did that.

I shook my head and got onto the bus, sitting in my lone seat. By the time we got to school, my space was filled with paper balls, rocks, and other round, throwable objects. I sat on the bus as all the stupid werewolves got off the bus, a few of them chuckling at me or saying something. I turned up my music so I couldn't hear them.