Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

~ OLIVIA ~

I blinked a few more times, my eyes trying to adjust to the light of the room. I looked at Dakota, who was sitting on the edge of a black desk chair, ready to spring from it at a moment's notice.

I felt a bit claustrophobic and scooted towards the left side of the bed, closer to the wall. His springiness halted at my movement away from him and he sat on the seat. He sat there for a long moment and I took that time to look away from him and at my surroundings.

The room I was in was...masculine. The bed was tucked into the far corner of the room, covered in black sheets and a dark red comforter. To the right of the bed was a window with a nice little seat where the ledge used to be. That would be such a nice place to curl up and read.

To the right of the window and behind Dakota was a doorway that looked like it led to a small bathroom.

Against that same wall was a desk, papers and books stacked and scattered across it. A laptop sat there as well, closed, but donned with a few stickers.

Across from the foot of the bed was his dresser, a tall, dark, wooden thing that looked heavy. One of the drawers was thrown in there crooked and I thought back to the loud thud that had happened while Dakota was getting ready after his shower.

A small smile grew on my face at the thought of a drawer falling out and hitting Dakota's toe.

The biggest thing that intrigued me about Dakota's room was the walls. They...sort of reminded me of my room.

My bedroom's walls had writing all over them and Dakota's walls were actually painted black. There wasn't a single poster, picture, or hint of personality on his walls. Just...black paint.

I turned back to him and found him staring at me, the smile no longer on his face. I chewed on my bottom lip, unsure of what to do.

"How are you feeling?" He whispered.

I jumped, surprised that he spoke. His voice was soft and dark, soothing to the ears. A shiver ran up my spine and I blinked at him a few times.

He turned in his chair to the desk behind him, grabbing a notebook and a pen, handing them to me. I stared at him for a moment and he nodded, smiling in encouragement.

I opened the notebook and breathed in a shaky breath.

I'm...okay. Confused.

I handed it to him and he nodded.

"Well...this is my room. You're...in my house."

I nodded for a moment before I realized what that meant.

Holy shit, I'm in the packhouse.

I could feel panic enter my body as I thought about how I was deep in the heart of Blue Shadow territory.

Fuck.

Dakota's eyes widened and he stood up.

"Olivia, Olivia, take a deep breath. Breathe."

My eyes locked onto his and he reached forward, grabbing my hands.

"Breathe. Breathe with me, ten in, and then hold it."

He held my hands as I inhaled for ten seconds before holding that breath in.

"Now release," he whispered.

After holding it for ten seconds, I let it out feeling...better.

He sent me a small smile.

"I know this might all be...terrifying right now but...you're safe. No one is going to hurt you, not while I'm around. I promise."