Chapter Twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE

~ OLIVIA ~

I stepped out of the shower, sighing. The air was thick and foggy around me from the hot shower I just took. The smell of Dakota's body wash and shampoo floated around me and I couldn't stop the small smile it brought to my face.

I wiped off the mirror over the sink so I could look at my reflection and frowned.

My body was so...abused and disgusting. How could anyone look at me and decide they love me?

My body is mangled and beat to a pulp.

I had so many bruises, all in the various stages of healing, all over my body. I was black and blue, purple, and green.

The scratches that crisscrossed my chest were reminders of all of those guys who had used me.

I was filthy.

I closed my eyes, tears falling down my face.

I'm so ashamed. How is Dakota supposed to love me when I look like this?

I inhaled a deep breath.

Come on Olivia, you are more than your body.

I grabbed the towel that was sitting on top of a box, drying myself off. I was careful drying my body off, feeling sore from all the movement.

I honestly felt exhausted.

I wrapped my hair in the towel, beginning to dig through the box of clothes. I found an unopened package of boyshort-style underwear, putting that on along with a pink sports bra.

I found an oversized white graphic t-shirt in the box, sliding it on.

I kept digging through the box, hoping to find a pair of sweats, but the closest thing I could find was a pair of cotton shorts.

I frowned, slipping them on. I looked down at myself, my legs on show for everyone to see.

Yikes.

I dried my hair with the towel so it wasn't dripping, before yanking a brush through it. There were a lot of knots in it from a lack of brushing it these past few days.

I sighed, glancing at myself in the mirror once more before hanging up the towel on the hook on the door. I grabbed the box, opening the door, and heading back out into the room. I placed the box on his desk and turned around, stopping in my tracks.

A light snore came from Dakota and I turned, looking at him.

He was fast asleep on top of his bedding. I found myself walking towards him, a smile growing on my face.

I reached forward without thinking, moving his hair away from his face. He looked so cute and peaceful while he slept.

I bit my lip, knowing I needed to leave the room before I accidentally woke him up.

I began heading for the door, a floorboard creaking under my feet as my hand reached for the doorknob.

Shit.

"Olivia...?"

I turned back around as Dakota sat up, rubbing his face sleepily.

Gosh, he's so handsome.

I turned around, frowning. I walked to the chair next to the bed, grabbing the notebook.

I'm sorry I woke you, please go back to sleep. You need your rest.

He groaned, sitting up, reading my words.

"No, I'm okay. Are you tired? Would you like some sleep?"