Chapter Twenty-One

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

I glanced at the clock as the cake sat on the counter, cooling. It's almost four now and we have Mikie's party scheduled to start at five. Mrs. Fisher finished cooking the rest of the food for his birthday party while I worked on making the cake.

Since it's Michael's fourth birthday Dakota let him pick the theme. Of course, he picked his absolute favorite thing - cars.

While the cake is cooling, I've been washing dishes while Mrs, Fisher, and Sarah took Mikie to finish the last of the decorations.

I bit my lip, thinking about the next couple of weeks. I've been doing all of this training and yet...it still doesn't seem like it's enough. And then there's the fact that Dakota won't even let me fight. We've talked about it so many times and he won't budge. He's terrified of the possibility of losing me after what happened the first time I fought my parents.

I understand his fear and yet...I'm so afraid that if I don't go...my mother will annihilate them.

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around me, making me jump. Lips pressed against my neck and I felt our mating bond as Dakota nuzzled into me.

"Dakota, don't do that. You scared me."

He chuckled into my neck.

"Sorry Olive. You just...looked real hot standing here, washing dishes."

My brow shot up.

"Hot hm? I don't think I'd use that word to describe how I look right now."

I looked down at myself. I was covered in flour and dirty dishwater. I was the opposite of "hot."

Dakota shook his head no.

"Nope. I saw you standing here, washing the dishes and all I could think about is us in our own home...the sound of pairs of little feet running around, laughing as my beautiful mate is standing in the kitchen, washing dishes...happy as can be."

I chewed on my lip.

"Pairs of little feet...?"

He was silent for a moment before he started kissing my neck.

"Mhm. Tons of little feet."

My face warmed at his words and I felt a heat begin to pool between my legs. Dakota's arms tightened, pulling me against his chest, my butt grinding against him. I closed my eyes as I felt his arousal against me.

Control yourself, Olivia.

A light growl rumbled from Dakota's chest and I bit my lip. He turned me around, my hands wet from being in the water. He stared down at me, his caramel eyes now a dark brown.

He looked into my eyes for a long moment before he cupped my face in his hands. My stomach twisted into knots in anticipation and I couldn't wait any longer.

I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his. He was surprised at the movement, but only for a moment before he took over the kiss. He deepened the kiss, his teeth grabbing my bottom lip. My gut tugged inside of me at the feeling of his teeth and I moaned.

He leaned down, picking me up, and I wrapped my legs around his hips. He pulled away so he could see where he was going and I began trailing kisses across his face and down his neck. I nibbled on his ear and he groaned, throwing open the bedroom door.

He slammed it shut before laying down on our bed, his lips finding mine again. He pulled back after a couple of seconds, his lips beginning to trail kisses down my neck. He stopped once he got to the edge of my shirt and I pushed him back a bit. He raised a brow at me and I sat up, pulling my shirt off.