Chapter Sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

~ OLIVIA ~

The yard around us fell into complete silence as my parents, Amber, and her friends all stood in front of us, staring straight at me.

Dakota moved more so he was standing in front of Mikie and me, blocking their view.

I bit my lip, peeking around Dakota's shoulder. My parents were glaring at me, a bit worse for wear.

My father was standing next to my mother, his body a bit burnt from our last encounter. He was bandaged in a few places, his body unable to heal quickly due to the amount of alcohol in his system, probably.

My mother was trying to glare at me through Dakota.

I stood there, my body on edge as I waited for something to happen. Jake moved closer to Dakota and me, shielding me from them as well.

Dakota's parents were on edge as well as Sarah and Jake's parents.

"Dakota, who are these people?" Alpha Fisher whispered.

"It's a long story," Dakota growled.

My mother cleared her throat, causing us all to turn to her.

"Alpha Fisher I believe? We haven't had the pleasure of meeting."

Alpha Fisher stood up straight.

"No. We have not. You seem to know who I am but...I have no clue who you are."

She chuckled.

"Of course, where are my manners? I'm Olivia's mother, and this is her father. I'm sure our daughter has caused quite a stir within your pack. We're here to fetch her and bring her back home."

My back straightened at the thought of leaving here with those...monsters and my throat ran dry.

Please, don't make me go back with them.

Dakota reached back, his arms encircling me, pulling me to him.

"No. She isn't leaving."

"Dakota - "

"No!" He growled.

Everything fell silent as Dakota glared towards my parents. Alpha Fisher looked between my parents and Dakota, and I leaned into Dakota's back.

"Alpha Fisher, we're just here for our daughter. We know she's caused trouble for you and your pack. Let us take her before she causes even more trouble for you and your pack."

My mother's words had a double meaning to them that made the hair on the back of my neck stand.

Let her come with us before we cause trouble.

I looked towards them, seeing my mother watching me. She knew that I knew what she was saying.

Images entered my head of my parents destroying my new family, hurting Dakota, Mikie, my friends...

I took a step away from Dakota. He glanced towards me and I swallowed.

"I...I..."

"Come along Olivia. We all know that this place...you aren't meant to be here."

Everyone turned to me when my mother addressed me and I looked at them, afraid.

"Olivia...don't listen to them. You know that this is where you're supposed to be, with me. You're my mate, you're mine," Dakota whispered.

I stared at him with wide eyes.

"If I don't leave, they will hurt you," I whispered.

Alpha Fisher stood up a bit straighter at my words, moving in front of me and Dakota, shielding us from my parents.