Chapter Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN

~ OLIVIA ~

"Oh Olivia, this piece is wonderful!"

I frowned and looked at the artwork Mrs. Jason was referring to as she looked through all my paintings to give me my grades.

I blinked a couple of times as I looked at the painting that I had done earlier this week.

It was...sort of a self-portrait. I was standing in the middle of the woods, a dress covering my body. I looked a bit ruffled and beat up in the painting. Around me were beautiful, lush trees, and the soft dirt was underneath my bare feet, allowing me to breathe in the Earth. Standing in front of me, teeth barred and in a defensive position was a black-as-night werewolf.

I swallowed and glanced back at Mrs. Jason who was smiling at me.

I didn't really remember much when I painted this picture, just that I immediately hated it. I mean...why would I paint a picture of a werewolf when every werewolf hates me or fears me?

I looked back at the picture, looking back to the wolf. He was staring, quite menacingly at some unknown enemy, his yellowish eyes glaring.

My mind went to a familiar pair of eyes. Dakota...

I shook my head, trying to clear it.

"This must be a self-portrait hm? And who is that wolf? Is that your mate?"

My brows furrowed at her question, having no idea what a mate is. I've never even heard the term.

She raised a brow at me, surprised.

"Surely you know what a mate is?"

I shook my head no.

"I'm surprised. I know you aren't a werewolf but I thought you'd at least heard the term."

I stared at her blankly and she shrugged.

"No matter. Werewolves form a special bond with one person in their life and that person is their mate. It's a soul mate. I'm not sure if witches have mates but it wouldn't surprise me if you were to bond with one of the young wolves here."

A cold fear flooded my veins at the idea of bonding with a werewolf. That thought terrified me.

"Okay Olivia, the bell is going to ring soon. Would you like to take your paintings home?"

I began to shake my head no, wanting to rip up that painting but found myself nodding yes. She smiled at me, rolling them up and putting them in a protective tube before handing them to me.

"Thank you for showing me your work. Try and have a good weekend okay?"

I nodded numbly at her and began gathering my things as the bell rang. I sighed, not wanting to go home. It's the weekend which means I get to hide in my room for two days. The weekend was probably the worst part of my week since I have no way to escape from my parents. It's also the worst because the only way I can eat is if I sneak food when my parents aren't home or are sleeping.

I looked up as I exited the building, heading for the buses. I stopped when I saw Amber standing in front of me, her smirk laughing at me.

I can walk home.

I turned away from Amber and began walking towards home, heading across the parking lot. I looked down at the concrete as I walked, feeling several eyes on me as I walked through the busy student parking lot.

I swallowed as I got to the corner and turned, leaving behind all the eyes that had been watching me.

I relaxed a bit, as I found myself alone. I continued my walk, glad I was able to avoid Amber as well as Dakota.