Chapter 2: Merida

Astrid POV

We flew for hours I noticed we were flying over some land when suddenly arrows came flying at us. Stormfly span to avoid one and I fell off the saddle.

I plummeted to the ground only to be caught by Toothless at the last second. He was holding me by my leg and he looked down at me and gave me a gummy smile before spinning me round to put me down on my feet.

I saw another arrow fly and started running towards where it had come  from. Luckily I had managed to grab my axe before falling so I had something to defend myself with.

I surprise attacked whoever it was shooting the arrows and pinned them to the ground in seconds. Hiccup Toothless and Stormfly landed "git off me ye lunatic" I heard from below me.

I let them up and she removed her hood "I am Merida, Princess of Dunbroch and ye are trespassing" she said confidently "oh great, Vikings" she finished after seeing us.

"Look princess, you shot us first, we were just flying by when your arrows suddenly came flying at us, we didn't plan on landing here" I said sounding very threatening and angry.

She aimed her bow at me and I spun my axe in my hand ready for battle, Hiccup wouldn't have been able to stop us and he knew it. Merida went to shoot when Hiccup threw his Inferno, it landed right in the middle of me and Merida.

Merida jumped back, it had obviously scared her, I stood calmly "really Hic, you're going to stop us like that?" I asked swinging my axe over my shoulder laughing.

"Are ye mad, throwin tha thing at me" Merida complained.

"look princess, he threw it between us not at you, get over yourself"

I turned to face Hiccup "I figured if I just got your attention..."

"Ye nearly killed me" Merida yelled continuing her complaining. I told her to shut up so Hiccup could finish talking.

"If I got your attention I could stop you from killing her" Hiccup finished his earlier sentence.

Merida seemed to take offence from that, she started yelling "her kill me, I think ye mean ye stopped me from killin the blonde" that did it. One thing I hated more than anything was people referring to me as 'the blonde'

I pinned her down again "now who would kill who?" I asked holding my axe near her face.

"Astrid, you can't kill a princess, her people will notice" Hiccup said trying to pull me off the red headed girl.

I eventually stood up "only because Hiccup is right, your people would notice and we don't want war" I said as Merida got up.

"I think we started on the wrong foot" Hiccup started to say before Merida interrupted him again.

"Well considerin ye only have one..." I stopped her the quickest way I could think of. I threw my axe in her general direction "she's tryin te kill me again" she moaned.

I laughed at her "if I was trying to kill you, you would be dead" I smiled crossing my arms.

"Anyway" Hiccup continued "I'm Hiccup from Berk and this is Astrid, we don't want to hurt anyone" he said as I went to grab my axe.

I yanked the axe out of the tree as Merida yelled "tell tha te her" referring to me. I walked over to Stormfly and put my axe in its holder

"Better, no axe for me to swing or throw at you now" I said smiling a little. A few hours passed and I realised we had been here for too long.

"Hiccup we should go, I'm sure someone has noticed we're missing by now" I paused before realising who was actually on the island "Oh Thor, we left the twins on the island with Snotlout and Fishlegs, nothing good can come out of that combination"

Hiccup realised I was right "yeah, we should go" he said jumping onto Toothless' back so we could fly back to Dragons Edge.

We landed back on Dragons Edge to see that chaos had struck. The twins were arguing over who could cause the most destruction, Snotlout was trying to prove that neither of them could be as destructive as him and his Montsrous Nightmare and Fishlegs had gone into hiding to get away from it.

I threw my axe at the tree directly in the middle of the three arguing Vikings who instantly froze "where have you two been?" Fishlegs asked.

I started to explain where we had been and what had happened while Hiccup talked the others into making peace with each other.

"So, what happened?" Tuffnut asked stupidly.

"Basically, i went to go for a short flight when arrows started flying at us, I tackled the person shooting who turned out to be a princess" I explained

"So you threatened to kill a princess?" Ruffnut asked when I finished explaining what had happened "awesome" she added smiling.

I told them it was her own fault, they all knew if you irritated or threatened me I was like a dragon, i would retaliate in a violent way.

"I'm sure we won't see her again anyway" Hiccup assured me.