Chapter 10: Danger

Astrid POV

We finally found an island we hadn't seen before so we landed on it. I could hear a strange noise "anyone else hear that?" Hiccup asked

"Yeah" we all replied at the same time. It started getting dark so we turned to go home, instead we found that the dragons had all gone.

"Stormfly!" I called which started everyone else calling their dragons "looks like we're searching for them on foot" I said after we all stopped shouting.

Toothless appeared out of nowhere and knocked Hiccup over licking his face "what is it bud, is it the other dragons?" he asked. Toothless looked very enthusiastic before grabbing Hiccup's prosthetic left leg and running off.

"How far do you think he'll get before he realises?" I asked

"I don't know, he seemed pretty committed" Hiccup said sitting up.

Toothless had come back after realising Hiccup wasn't attached to the leg "I'll see if we can see them from above you guys stay here in case they come back" he said before taking off.

We chatted amongst ourselves "hey Jack, you can fly, you don't even have a dragon, go help him" I insisted. Jack flew up and headed over to where I assumed Hiccup was.

"I think I just heard something" Merida said but I chose to ignore her, it was only when Elsa and Heather said they thought they heard something that I decided to pay attention.

"maybe it's our dragons" I started before I saw that it was in fact a wild thunder drum "THUNDERDRUM ATTACK!" Snotlout yelled as we all ducked for cover.

Hiccup had obviously seen it as he came swooping down and sent the Thunderdrum away.

"ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO DRAW TOWARDS US, CHANGEWING, OH, SCREAMING DEATH MAYBE, I'M SURE THERE IS ONE OF THOSE AROUND HERE" Snotlout yelled as it was the only way we could hear.

"SNOTLOUT YOU'RE YELLING VERY LOUDLY" Hiccup yelled back and I saw Jack giggling behind him.

"OH, REALLY I CAN BARELY HEAR MYSELF BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE ATTACKED BY A WILD THUNDERDRUM!"

Hiccup said something back but we didn't hear him, he looked as though he was sighing "I SAID, I'M GOIING BACK OUT THERE!"

Of course none of us wanted him to leave us defenceless "NO! NO YOU'RE NOT" Snotlout yelled

"GET BACK HERE" Ruff yelled

"I WILL TAKE YOUR OTHER LEG!" Snotlout yelled, I looked at him wondering if he was serious

"No way Hiccup, you're not leaving us alone" I managed to not yell

"WE'RE DRAGONLESS AND DEFENCELESS" Merida yelled

"AND WE CAN ONLY COMMUNICATE BY YELLING" Ruff continued

"WHICH ALTHOUGH QUITE ENJOYABLE IS NOT VERY STEALTHY" Tuff added

Hiccup looked as thought he was sighing again "WE'LL ALL GO TOGETHER!" he yelled again.

We searched for so long that we had been up all night and it was sunrise again. I found a strange amber substance "hey guys, I think I found something" I called over to them before noticing the noise from before "the noise from earlier, it's gone"

"Astrid, Hiccup, there's a pile of dragon bones over here" Heather called over to us, we looked over to where she was standing and there was a giant pile of dragon bones.

"You know if there's something trapping dragons and eating them, it'll probably do it to our dragons" Elsa pointed out.

We found the ground where the dragons were being trapped "guys I found Windsheer, Hookfang and Snowy"  I yelled to them.

"I got Stormfly and Flash" Elsa yelled over and it wasn't long before we had found all of our dragons.

We tried to get them out when the giant dragon who had trapped them came back. It spat an amber liquid at us hitting Elsa, Ruff, Tuff, Fishlegs, Snotlout, Flynn and Toothless but the rest of us had managed to hide before it saw us.