Chapter 11: Taken

Hiccup POV

Once the dragon had gone Astrid, Merida, Jack, Rapunzel, Heather and I tried to help the others but the amber substance had hardened. Seconds later the dragon returned and shot several blasts hitting Rapunzel, Heather and Jack.

I was still trying to get Toothless free when I turned round to see the dragon aiming at me. I was ready to be hit when Astrid pushed me out of the way "Just get out of here Hiccup!" she yelled at me now encased in the amber rock.

She had got trapped so that I could escape "I'll figure this out, I promise" I said before Merida pulled me away.

"We can come back when tha thing isn't tryin te trap us an eat us" she had a point so as we left to hide somewhere and figure it out I grabbed a small chunk of the rock.

I examined it and Merida kept an eye out for any wild dragons that might have managed to avoid getting trapped.

"I wonder if heating it up would do anything" I said talking to myself again. I used my sword and took a swing at it breaking it in half "yes!" I celebrated.

Merida and I carefully made our way back to our friends. I started to crack open the rock encasing Fishlegs while Merida kept watch for the Death Song as Tuffnut decided it should be called.

Soon enough I had released Fishlegs, Snotlout, Ruff, Tuff, Jack, Flynn, Heather and Rapunzel. I started looking for Astrid and Elsa "Hiccup" Heather said sounding sorry "you won't find Astrid, the Death Song took her, and Elsa"

Flynn told me the same thing, I handed my sword to Jack so he could spray the gas everywhere.

Before he released the gas he added "the last thing she said was to tell you that she would find a way out and then find a way back to Dragons Edge" that sounded like typical Astrid, confident that everything would work out.

I believed her I just couldn't figure out how she would get herself out of the rock without being eaten first.