Chapter 22: Searching Pt 2

It took hours but we eventually got Berk looking like itself again. "Hiccup, I'm so sorry, it didn't work" Rapunzel apologised

"It's okay you couldn't have done anything" I replied.

"Hey Hiccup is Merida supposed to be taking Astrid's body away on Crimson?" Ruff asked. I looked at where she was pointing to see Merida riding away on her dragon Crimson with Astrid.

"Toothless!" I yelled I looked around for him until I saw him "come on bud we have to find Merida" I said climbing onto his back.

"Hiccup, it's too late she's long gone and Merida isn't going to make it easy to find her" Elsa had a good point but I was determined.

I flew off and was shortly followed by the twins, Snotlout, Elsa, Jack and Heather, "Whatever you're planning to do we are with you all the way" Jack said floating next to me

"Yeah, I guessed as much" I mumbled. We searched several islands and on each one we split into small groups to search the islands quicker.

Ruff and Tuff went with Heather to one side of the island and Snotlout and I went with Jack and Elsa to the other side.

This island was different, we had to split up again so Jack went with Elsa to search the town and I went with Snotlout to search the forest area.

I walked just in front of Snotlout eager to find some clue as to weather Merida had been here or not when Snotlout called me back

"Does that look familiar to you?" He asked pointing at a mark someone had made in a tree trunk.

"Yeah it does" I said thoughtfully, I couldn't quite put my finger on why it seemed so familiar.