Chapter 31: Destiny

This is the final chapter of this book if you enjoyed reading leave a comment it would mean a lot to me, thanks for reading this far

Astrid POV

Dagur had been arrested and his armada knew it so they retreated leaving Dagur with us. It was great knowing that we had finally captured him and could finally relax.

"Milady how do you feel about sleeping at mine tonight, I was planning on going for a flight and I don't think we will be back until late and I don't think you would want to wake the guests" Elsa Rapunzel and Heather were all staying at my house for the night and leaving in the morning.

"I think that's a great idea" I smiled before he grabbed me round the waist and pulled me in for a kiss.

"Then let's go" he whistled for Toothless to come back "mom your in charge for a bit" he said climbing onto Toothless' back. He held out his hand to help me up after him.

We flew until after dark when the lights were all around us it reminded me of my first flight on Toothless. Hiccup whispered something to Toothless who instantly changed direction and landed in the cove where I first met Toothless.

"You like?" Hiccup asked.

"I love, it's all so beautiful and relaxing especially after the last few, well years really" Hiccup let out a little laugh.

"About that, losing you for two years to find you only to lose you again made me wonder two things. One, how exactly did you escape the Death Song?"

I smiled, I had wondered when that question would come up "I owe that entirely to you" I paused. Hiccup was confused "when it was carrying me and Elsa I managed to just about reach the button to eject the inferno, the dragon must have felt the heat and dropped us both, we landed on an island and I broke Elsa out"

"Wow, I saved you without knowing it" he giggled "anyway the second thing I've been thinking about a lot" he started whistling "I'd swim and sail on savage seas, with ne'er a fear of drowning, and gladly ride the waves of life" he got down on one knee "if you would marry me"

I was speechless so to express how I felt I jumped at him pushing him to the ground and kissed him. "So that's a yes?"

"Yeah it's a yes" I shouted louder than intended. We happily walked back to Hiccup's house and crawled into his bed cuddling.