Chapter 14

Thomas POV:

I could hear the rest of the glade shouting various things, some whistles and some comments.

We continued to move our lips in sync until Newt pulled away.

"I'm sorry" he whispered
"It's fine" I whispered back and he gave a small nod.

"So Newt, your turn, who do you choose?"
Newt took a deep breath.
"Uh, I'm going to bed. You guys can keep playing if you want, I'm just gonna go to bed" Newt announced standing up.

He looked down at me and gave me a pleading look, I knew what he was saying.
"I think I'm gonna go to bed too" I said getting to my feet.

"Oh, wow what a coincidence. Both of you are going to bed at the same time" Gally said and I just wanted to slap him.

"Goodnight everyone" Newt said, glaring at Gally before walking off. I followed behind him.

We got to the tents and I grabbed Newt by the wrist and spun him around to face me.
"So who's tent are we sleeping in?" I asked and he sighed.
"You really don't have to do this if you don't want to" he whispered.
"I will do anything to help protect you from him, ok?"
"Ok"
"So, whose tent?"
"Uh, maybe yours?" Newt said looking down at his hands.
"Ok, let's go then"

I led him to my tent and we got inside.
"The hammock is really small so if you want to sleep on there, I can just sleep on the floor" he said pointing to the floor.
"What? No! We can both fit on there don't worry. And besides, I'd like to be able to cuddle with you" I whispered holding one of his hands. He gave a soft smile.

I got onto the hammock and opened my arms for him to get in. He looked at the hammock hesitantly and slowly walked towards it.
"I promise that I won't hurt you" I reassured him.

Newt slowly got into the hammock and I wrapped my arms around him. I gave him a small kiss on the head and felt him snuggle up.

"Newt?"
"Mhhhm?"
"I love you"
"I love- um, I love, you too"
I was shocked that he had actually said it back. I kissed his head and held him closer.

"So, what do you think we-" before I could finish my sentence I heard small snores coming from Newt.

He had fallen asleep, he must have been really tired.

I held him close and tried to let the sleep take me, knowing that Newt was safe in my arms. I just wish that I could do more to keep him safe. I thought back to when Gally had placed his hand on Newts upper thigh, how much Newt started to panic.

I can only imagine what he's like when Gally does stuff to him.

I take it all in. This beautiful boy in my arms, has been abused and raped multiple times.

I continue to hold him in my arms, when he suddenly turns around to face me, still sleeping.

His face is only centimetres away from mine. His soft features, for the first time look at peace. His fluffy hair was everywhere and I could still see some bruises on his neck and jawline.

I give his a small kiss on the forehead, a small smile appeared on Newts sleeping face.

Finally I close my eyes and try to fall asleep.