Chapter 22

Thomas POV:

Minho walked out the tent, leaving me and Newt alone.
I thought back to what Gally said. If I rape Newt, he will leave him alone. I can't believe that asshole would say something like that.
I want him to leave him alone, maybe I have to... No!

I look down at Newt who was looking up at me, his brown eyes filled with pain.

"Are you sure I can still sleep with you?" Newt whispered. I looked down at him.
"Of course you can, I want you to" I whisper.
"I'm just going to take off my shirt ok? Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you" I whisper, pulling off my shirt.

I walk over to behind Newt so I can wrap my arms around him. I notice that some blood had seeped through to the back of his pants. I tried to not look but it was there, Newt was bleeding because of Gally.

That made me think just how rough Gally must have been in order for Newt to be bleeding so much.
This couldn't be healthy, he was loosing a lot of blood. I had to do something. A thought suddenly came to me. I look over to the pile of clothes in the corner of my tent. If I get a tshirt and maybe hold it against the injury, it will stop the bleeding. I know that Newt will freak out, but there was no other choice.

"Newt, you're still bleeding. Do you-uh-do you want me to try and fix it?" I said causing Newt to try and roll over and face me, failing.
I walked over so that I was facing him and crouched down so that we were at eye level. I hold one of his hands.
"Newt, I've got an idea. You are still bleeding a lot, if I get one of the tshirts and hold it against the...the injury, it will stop the bleeding but in order for me to do that I have to...touch you." I whisper to a terrified looking Newt.
"Newt, it's not healthy for you to loose so much blood. It's either that or I have to call the medjacks" I say and Newt takes a deep breath.
"Fine" he whispers softly.

I stand up and walk over to the pile of clothes that somehow made their way into my tent and picked one up.

Then it hit me, this is going to be really painful. Also, I need something to disinfect the injury.

"Newt just give me a second, I just need to go get some disinfectant from the medjacks I'll be back in a second." I whisper, quickly walking out the tent and towards the medjacks.

It had started to get dark and I could see Jeff packing up the medicine bag.
"Jeff! I need some disinfectant!"
"Uh, why?"
"Please it's urgent"
"Um, ok I guess. What strength do you need?"
I hadn't thought of that.
"Um I don't know" I whispered, looking down.
"What's the injury? I can try and help"
"Say that someone was bleeding, really badly and it hadn't stopped"
"Thomas who's bleeding?!"
"Jeff, please just give the the medicine!"
"They'd need this one" he says holding up a bottle of disinfectant with 'extra strength' on the bottle.
I grabbed it and sighed.
"How much does this hurt?" I whisper and Jeff raises his eyebrows.
"Well it doesn't tickle. It's extra strength, it burns pretty badly but it gets the job done"
I looked at the bottle in my hands, this is not going to be an easy task.
"Thanks" I whisper and walk back to my tent.

I walk through the door and see that Newt was still in the same position as when I left. He spotted the bottle in my hands and looked up at me.
"I'm gonna do it now ok. Just please try not to make to much noise" I whisper and Newt looks up with scared eyes.
"Will it h-hurt?"
"Uh, yeah"
Newt took in a shaky breath. I walked around to behind Newt and wrapped the tshirt around my hand, pouring some disinfectant on it.

The yellow liquid stood out against the white material and had a really strong smell.
"I'm gonna do it now ok? Do you want something to hold onto?" I whisper and Newt holds out his hand for me to hold but there was no way I could reach it.

"Hang on" I say and walk over so I'm in front of him.
"I'm going to sit you up ok? I'll sit down and you sit on my lap facing me and wrap your legs around my waist. You can hold into me and I'll slip it down your pants ok?" I whispered, impressed with myself that I actually thought of something like that.

I sat Newt up and placed him on my lap so that he was facing me. His bruised face was only centre meters away from mine. He tried to wrap his legs around my waist as best as he could but a whimper left his lips. He put his head on my shoulder and I could feel him trembling.

"Ok, ready?" I whisper and Newt let out another small whimper.
I wrapped my arms around his small frame and slipped the fabric down Newts pants.