Chapter Ten

A/N: Hey everyone! I haven't forgotten about you! I've just been out of town! I wrote this as soon as I get back! I have a feeling I'll be getting a lot of happy comments!! I just want to say that y'all make my day!!

Congratulations to hugsNKissesx3 on the cover! A lot of you had really great covers, but I loved this!  I have to say, though, there were definitely like 4 that I was debating over! It was close! So thank you to everyone who submitted covers! I love this one so much! She did an amazing job!

As far as the next competition, the results will be up on the following upload. I've gotten about 17 entries, but I'm going to extend the deadline until this upcoming Monday - July 25.

I really hope y'all enjoy this! It's not edited, so sorry!

Also, yes, I am from Louisiana and I am a die hard LSU and Saints fan!

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Ten

            “I was right,” I said, walking into the bedroom that Sarah and I were sharing for the weekend. “I was definitely right and you were very wrong.” My heart was pounding against my chest and my stomach was in painful knots. It shouldn’t matter that he thinks of me only as his sister. I shouldn’t want there to be more.

            Sarah picked her head up from the pillow and stared at me. If looks could kill I’d be dead. “I don’t bloody care about your problems right now. I was asleep.”

            I couldn’t help but laugh at her English terminology. “He said I was just like his little sister. Therefore, he doesn’t have this ‘romantic attraction’ for me as you seem to think he does,” I said indignantly, folding my arms.

            She sat up in bed with a bored look on her face. “You know, I lied. You’re denser than a brick wall. I don’t know anyone who kisses their little sister the way he kissed you.”

            I shrugged. “Temporary insanity?”

            “No. Tell me exactly what happened.”

            So I did. I recounted everything that happened two hours ago. Except this time, I didn’t just run everything together like last time. “So… umm… my best friend’s dad is about to die, and Anna called me during our candle light breakfast this morning-”

            “Candle light breakfast? You and Jason?” I nodded. “Aww! That is so sweet! What happened? Did you guys kiss?”

            I shook my head. “No. We ate and we danced. Anyway, so he bought me an ice cream and then took me to the hospital to be with Anna. We were there until, like, midnight. Then, he took me to Waffle House.” She grimaced. “I know, right? Anyway, I asked him why he was doing all this for me. He said that I wouldn’t like the answer and my boyfriend probably wouldn’t be very happy. I laughed and was like, ‘it’s not like you like me or anything…’ He laughed, too and said that it was nothing like that. That I was just like his little sister.”

            Sarah smacked her face. With a sigh, she placed a hand on my shoulder and looked at me from beneath her eye lashes. “First of all, Princess Dense, he likes you. Fred wouldn’t like the answer because Jason likes you so much. He knows that you don’t like him, even though I think that you secretly love him, so he doesn’t want to get laughed at. That’s why he called you his little sister.”