Chapter Twenty-One

Okay... I know I'm a terrible for not uploading in months... i have a lot of excuses, mostly boarding school stuff, but I'm not going to bore you with any of them. This is the last chapter in Part I. Part II is all in Jason's point of view. There are only like, 4 or five more chapters left... so I hope that y'all enjoy the last bit!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Twenty-One

I woke up still snuggling the bear Jason had given me. I laid there for awhile, thinking about all of the different things that he had done for me and that I had done to him, with the help of my friends, of course. My mind wandered over the time we stole his truck and the events in the locker room, and then to the time that I got food poisoning and Jason was convinced that Fred poisoned me. I wanted to laugh at all of that, it really had been fun. Well, not the vomiting part, but otherwise…

“Jenna!” My mom called from downstairs.

Groaning, I rolled out of bed and trudged downstairs. “Sit down,” my dad ordered. I’m not sure if it was his tone or the look on his face that made me sit so quickly. A bad feeling clouded by stomach and I couldn’t help but feel guilty. You’re not in trouble. You didn’t do anything. No matter how many times I tried to assure myself of this, it didn’t seem to help.

“What’s up?” I asked, trying to sound casual.

“Your mom and I have been doing a lot of talking.” My dad began.

“Good, good. Talking is key for a healthy relationship.” I smiled, hoping that it would lessen whatever punishment they were about to give me.

“Honey, you’re not going to be very happy with us,” my mom cut in. “But we love you, and it’s for your best interest.”

I looked between the two of them. “What are you talking about?” I tried hard to keep my voice level.

“It’s about Jason. We think that you’ve been spending too much time with him,” my dad said, looking very serious.

“Of course I spend time with him – he’s my boyfriend!”

“We set rules, and you have not honored any of them. We can’t trust the two of you together. You’re both young, and when you get to college things will be different.”

“What do you mean you can’t trust us? What have we ever done to make you think that you can’t trust us? I thought you liked Jason.”

“We love Jason, but the relationship is too serious.”

“We want you to break up with him,” my mom informed me.

“What? No. No! I won’t!”

“We’re not asking you, we’re telling you,” my dad said.

“But I love him. You can’t- you can’t make me do this. Please!” It was the first time that I had ever said it out loud. The thought had crossed my mind a few times, but only now did I realize that I truly did love him, and I know that he loves me. He does, and we should get to be together.

My parents exchanged a look before my mom continued. “Honey, that’s why we want the two of you to end things. We’re concerned that you kids are too involved and things are going to happen that you’ll regret. We didn’t realize how much you two really liked each other.”

“Mom! Where is this coming from? How long have you been telling me that I’m going to marry Jason one day? Hmm? How long have you been saying how perfect we are for each other? Now that we’re finally together, you won’t let us stay together!”